Saturday 10 March 2012

You're So Sweet

Hi Bloggers.

This was the first card that I demonstrated on Thursday.

I love brown and blue together. I was really pleased with how this demo card turned out.


I ran some Kraft-core card through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Elite Folder. I ran it through twice to extend the pattern. I then sanded it to reveal the core.

I cut the largest of the Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles dies out of marine blue card. When I passed it through the machine to emboss I also added That Special Touch Ivy Background Mask. Remember to keep the die cutting edge away from your mask!

I then loaded up my Grand Calibur base plate with the following - largest Splendid Circles in white, 2 x Layered Flowers in white, 2 x corners from Lattice Accents in blue, 2 x leaves from Damask Accents in brown and a buckle from Ribbon Buckles in brown. I ran all these through the Grand Calibur at the same time and them ran them through again to emboss them.


I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Sincere Sentiments stamp set using Coffee Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the second largest Splendid Circles Die. I also cut 2 x Layered Flowers in blue and 2 more leaves from the Damask Accents set in brown.


I assembled the card as shown. I threaded some Vintage Ribbon in Amber Brown through the buckle and added a brown button and some Baker's Twine from the Earthtones set. I finished the card off by popping a couple of roses from my stash in the middle of the Layered Flowers.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

2 comments:

  1. Watch this demo fantastic Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of colours here Julia WOW the embossing is fab
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!