Sunday 4 March 2012

Naughty or Nice

Hi Bloggers,

Today I'm sharing a card which was going to be a demo on the 1pm show on 8th March but things have changed and I'm now doing 3 Spellbinders shows and the stamps will be featured in the shows on 24th March - but that could change!

I may not get to demo this card but I thought I's share it anyway as I really like it.


I stamped the image from the Vintage Lingerie Stamp Set onto some white card using Plum Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut the image out using Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles and inked around the edges with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink while still in the die.

Next I cut out a larger Romantic Rectangle with burgundy card. This time I added the Small Polka Dots Mask from That Special Touch underneath the die when I passed it through the machine to emboss (remember to have the die cutting edge face up, away from the mask). I really like doing this as it adds texture to the card.

I ran 2 pieces of white card through the Cuttlebug with the Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Regal folder (did not have a raspberry adapter plate for the Grand Calibur at the time). I joined them together and added some Basque Red Vintage Ribbon to hide the join. I cut 2 borders from the Spellbinders Lattice Accents (designed by Sue Wilson). I inked through the die with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and added them to either side of my card with Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

I stamped the sentiment using Plum Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using the tag from the Spellbinders Antique Frames and Accents die set and inked with Aged Mahogany while still in the die.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Basque Red Vintage Ribbon. I added a buckle from the Spellbinders Ribbon Buckles set and a red button from my stash with some red Baker's Twine through it.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

3 comments:

  1. Omg, this is stunning, I sooo lurve the sides and that stamp is divine, Fab colours too hunny,
    Hugz
    Kenzie x
    My candy has started, lots of prizes up for grabs, pop by and join in xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are fantastic, you are so lucky to have all of these dies I love the rectangle one and Sue Wilsons dies. Loving the zipper bow. You have really worked hard on all of your cards I have had a peep at your blog I like your style and so I am following well done
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments - sadly I don't own these dies. They're on loan from Christine Emberson (the only English person on the Spellbinders Design Team). Julia.

      Delete

Only positive comments please!