Friday 9 March 2012

Yellow and Grey Thank You

Hi Bloggers,

Thank You to everyone who emailed in to the shows yesterday and welcome to my new followers.

Today's card is in yellow and grey (hence the title) -


For the background I embossed some grey card with the Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Elite Folder. I ran it through twice to extend the pattern. This is really easy to do as the already embossed section just slots into place on the folder.

Next I cut 4 Damask Motifs out of yellow card and fleur de lys from the same set. I glued the motifs in place starting at the centre of the card and glued the fleur de lys in each corner.

I cut a Splendid Circle from grey card. I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Kind Thoughts stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using another Splendid Circle die.

I assembled the card as shown adding a bow made from 2 lengths of Nickle Mist Vintage Ribbon, with a yellow buckle cut from the Spellbinders Ribbon Buckles die set to which I added a button threaded with Baker's Twine. I finished the card my piercing around the edge with my Tim Holtz Ruler.

Hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

2 comments:

Only positive comments please!