Sunday 10 July 2016

Show on Hochanda today

Hi Bloggers.

Had a great workshop day yesterday, thank you ladies. Next workshop at Yardley Gobion is Sunday August 14th.

I have 3 hours on Hochanda today with shows at 11am, 2pm and 5pm. I hope you can join me.

I have another two-fer for you today!

For the background, I used a piece of Coconut White Card and cut the inner die only from the Spellbinders Holiday Botanical Strip. I then cut it again, offsetting it slightly so that the top of the next row snuggled into the recess of the previous one (I'll try to demo this). This left me a little gap on one side but I was able to re-seat the die in place and extend that line. I cut it once more to make a 3rd row, positioning the die into the recess of the previous row. I popped a piece of Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet onto a piece of Black Card. I removed the backing and added my die cut background to it. I then added some CS Diamond Snow in the exposed adhesive.

I cut a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares and Double Pierced Squares Set B. I added it to my backfround using 3D Foam and cut away the excess using scissors.

I cut both dies together from the Spellbinders Fancy Tree Die Set out of Coconut White Card and inked through the dies with Black Soot Distress Ink using a Smoothie. I cut a tag from the Spellbinders Christmas Tag Set out of Black Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Holiday Magic Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut it our using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A and cut a mat out of Black Card using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B.

I assembled the card as shown adding an 8mm Black Pearl to each corner of the frame.

Here's your 2nd card -

This is so very simple. I've embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using the Couture Creations Jolly Christmas Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design.

The trees are from the Spellbinders Art Deco Trees Die Set - I cut them from Silver Shine Pearl Card. I cut the fat one and a star once and the thinner one twice with 2 stars.


I stamped the sentiment that comes with the Creative Expressions Snowflake Bauble Stamp, onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Silver Shine Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B.

I assembled the card as shown adding some little 3mm White Pearls to the stars and some 8mm White Pearls to the corners. I pierced around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.


Unfortunately, I don't have many of the products from the shows in stock on my website yet but I've popped 10% discount on the ones I do have. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight and discount will be applied at checkout.

I have removed the paypal express facility on my website as a number of people have experienced problems when paying via paypal. This does mean that for the time being you will not be able to pay via paypal if ordering via a mobile device only - you can still pay via credit or debit card. I have already contacted paypal on this but not heard back so I will try to chase on Monday. I'll let you know if Paypal Express becomes available again.

See you later.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (10th July) - Phill Martin Sentimentally Yours Chic Floral Occasions Border Sentiments only £8.99!


34 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, two great Christmas cards glad you had a good day yesterday.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. Two fab cards, glad you enjoyed your day yesterday. You're having a very busy weekend, but I'm so pleased that you have shows today as it means I can watch them all live. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, two for one today, how stunning they both are, love these dies.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia,
    Thank you for showing us different ways using these dies, also for yesterday's cards.
    Just back from holiday . Had no internet so can't wait for your shows today.
    Glad you had a good workshop wish they were nearer to where I live.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    Fabulous cars today. So simple but so useful. I will get to one of your workshops one day!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia.
    Thank you both the cards are lovely. so glad you had a nice day. Take care and have another nice one today Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards here Julia. Recorder set for your shows. Glad your workshop was fun.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    Two great cards. Glad you enjoyed yesterday's workshop. Looking forward to your shows, I always learn something when you are demoing.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    I love both the cards. Glad you had a nice time at the workshop yesterday. L Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards, love the Art Deco Christmas trees. Will be recording your shows to watch after worn next week.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cards are so different, Julia. Lovely cards.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Two lovely card, elegant and clean lines.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cards especially the second one I think I need to put those Art a deco trees on my wish list

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two wonderful cards Julia, looking forward to seeing your shows

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beauties Julia love them dies are great thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Julia, they really are a very modern Xmas tree for sure, two beautiful cards. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, 2 really fabulous cards. Love the modern feel of the 2nd one, and the colour combo of silver and white. Have a great day with the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia

    Two lovely cards, I especially like the second one

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card. I really like the tree and the sentiment on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely cards Julia - particularly like the Spellbinders Botanical strip and the tag shape and size.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two lovely cards Julia, enjoy your day.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia,
    Saw the tail end of this morning's Show - will try to catch the beginning later!
    Lovely cards and dies! Love Myra x
    https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ULQkn6dQSkQ/V1x0AMntIiI/AAAAAAAAoew/psjSCRHmKn4d5Cu2-XUYL7K-hIntqShFACLcB/s1600/CED3080.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do know where the gobbledegook after my post came from! Sorry! X

      Delete
  23. Lovely cards. Will watch the shows later as going to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely cards I've just watched your shows those embossing folders are great xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Caught all of the first show and half of your second. Not sure if I will catch any of the third. Samples and demos are looking good. You have tempted me to buy the tags die - but that can wait until you have some in and I have had another pay day. Also to Jean - lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, Two gorgeous cards, I hope the shows are going well, I will be watching on Catch-up.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, Two gorgeous cards, I hope the shows are going well, I will be watching on Catch-up.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia,
    Brilliant cards, enjoyed the shows.
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two fabulous cards today. Missed your shows so must watch on catch up. X

    ReplyDelete
  30. enjoyed yesterdays shows ,so good to see flat cards being made with a lot of the old spellbinder dies getting a airing

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia. Firstly let me thank you for yesterday. Had so much fun and learned a lot of new things. Brilliant shows ! You and Matt is a real team and I loved he managed to make an 'Australian card' :-) Loved seeing the old spellbinder dies back too and I must get hold of 'Snooty' he is adorable ! Watching the recordings today. Hope to see you soon again.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!