Saturday 9 December 2017

Pinwheel Floral Background

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I've been waiting for ages to share this card but the Pinwheel Floral has been out of stock since the Hochanda shows that I did in October. It's back in stock so a great reason to share it now.

The background on this one is quite cool. I used a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate. I popped some CS Clear Varnish Lacquer into 2 areas on my Craft Sheet. I added a  drop of Deep Plum CS Intense Pigment Stain into one area and Citrus Lime CS Intense Pigment Stain into the other and mixed well. I added the Citrus Lime to my acetate first, in splonges randomly all over. I then added the Deep Plum, fillinf in the gaps and overlapping the Citrus Lime in some areas to give a blended colour. I then sprinkled some CS Golden Sand Glitterbitz over and put aside to dry (doesn't take long).

I then cut the inner dies only from all 3 sized of flowers from the Pinwheel Floral Die Set into a piece of Coconut White Card several times to create a background.

Once my acetate background was dry, I glued my Pinwheel Floral Background to it.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using dies #2 and #4 from the Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set. I added it to my backgrounds using Woodware Foam Tape.

I cut a Stitched Flag out of Coconut White Card. I cut the sentiment from the Celebrations Shadow Box out of Antique Gold Pearl Card.

I cut some leaves out of Coconut White Card using the Pinwheel Floral Die Set. For the flowers, I cut the solid dies from the same set out of Coconut White Card and out of my acetate background. I cut both of the dies together in all the sizes out of Coconut White Card. I glued at the centre only - 1 solid Coconut White, then 1 solid acetate background and 1 Coconut White open die cut. I then stacked them up in pairs offesetting then slightly to create my flowers. I added CS Glue to the centres and sprinkled Golden Sand CS Glitterbitz over.


Phill Martin is launching a One Day Special on Hochanda at 6pm today. I'm offering 10% off items from the shows on my website. You can find them here. Please enter PHILLMARTIN in the discount code box at checkout to activate your discount. Offer valid till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last. Phill has another show at 8pm tonight and then more shows at 9am, 1pm and 5pm tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, I am pleased to see that this pinwheel flower is back in stock, I was lucky enough to purchase it when it was released, but must confess I have not used it yet, you have now inspired me.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Good Morning to you Julia

    An absolutely beautiful card this morning. It is what I always say you are definitely 'Queen of the backgrounds'. I love all the techniques that you bring us. Thank you Julia for all your hard work it's not easy position every day......

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Love this background. Thank you for sharing all your techniques.This card is stunning.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. I have this flower die and I love it. I must try this background.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia,
    Absolutely love this card. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Julia, love the colours of pigment stain that you have used.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful background. Love the card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the flower die.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Julia . WOW card this morning . I can see why these dies keep selling out. I have to say Amazing back ground as always .
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia, this card is really lovely. That die cut piece would make a fabulous stencil too. The flower dies in the 3 sizes is one of my favourites. Have a good day everyone, and stay warm. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia,

    a stunning card... flowers are beautiful.

    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia Beautiful card what a lovely background you've created with the acetate & lacquers
    The pinwheel flowers are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I can actually have a go at this background technique! I would never have thought to use the pinwheel flower dies as a background It’s a lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card Julia x fantastic idea to use the pinwheel in the background x I would never have thought of that x thankyou Julia x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. A great idea it has such a pretty delicate look and I love the background. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  16. this card is beautiful Julia, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card and what a great technique tutorial. I love the pinwheel flower dies. Glad they are back in stock because they are a must have. I use mine a lot.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Stephanie K
    SC/ USA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia this is a stunning card the way you have used the dies is brilliant and the results so pretty. Thank you for all the inspiration.Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this one Julia the background is fab glad to know it’s back in Stoke
    Thank you Julia
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card. I like the way you have used this attractive die to make a background.


    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is definitely a cool background. You do backgrounds so well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, This is gorgeous !! I adore the 'sparkle'.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great background, love the card !
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely fabulous card Julia. X

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful card Julia. Love the background. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!