Monday 25 December 2017

Christmas Day Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

Happy Christmas to you all! I hope you all have a lovely day. I will be spending the day continuing with my prep for my shows on Hochanda on Saturday.

Back to the shows launching at 6pm tomorrow, here's today's sneak peek -

Behind the Pierced Roses Mini Background, I have created one of my favourite background techniques from Dyan Reaveley's Art Journaling Book. I used a piece of Watercolour Card. I misted it with a little water and then added Marigold, Vintage Sage and Vintage Rose CS Ink Spray Mists. I blotted off with a little Kitchen Roll and misted a little more until I was happy with the depth of colour. I added the Wired Mask and misted with water on one half of my background. I picked the mask up, turned it over and placed on the other side of my card to get a negative print. I blotted with Kitchen Roll. I then randomly misted through sections if the Beady Eyes Mask with Golden Mint CS Mister. I turned the mask over each time to get a negative print in other areas. I put aside to dry.

I only used half of my background for this card - here's the piece I haven't used yet -

I cut the Pierced Roses Mini Background into a piece of Coconut White Card. I poked out the the leaves, roughly placing them on my Craft Sheet where they were positioned in the die. I inked through the die with Natural Rosewood Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I coloured the leaves on my Craft Sheet with Fresh Grass Colour Cloud and Vintage Sage Ink Spray Mist.

I glued my Pierced Roses Background to my misted background and glued my leaves in place.


I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using the largest 2 dies in the Indian Ocean Background Die Set. I coloured a piece of Coconut White Card with Natural Rosewood Colour Cloud. I glued my frame to it. I slotted die #6 from the set back into it's frame and ran through the Platinum Machine to remove the centre from my Rosewood card.

I added my frame to my Pierced Roses piece.

I completed my card by matting onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card. I haven't put a sentiment on this one - I didn't want to cover the design. You could add a sentiment inside your card or maybe add a Pierced Flag to the front.

I've popped photos of the samples from the shows into the Gallery Section of this Blog and onto my Julia Watts Crafts Facebook Page - there's loads of them! 😀

The Big Sale has already begun on my website - hundreds of products at reduced prices. You can find them here.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 22nd December is ................................

Pawprintx4

Please email me with your address and I'll pop your card in the post early in the New Year.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

Free card with all website orders over £10 (Add a note to your order in your cart).

16 comments:

  1. Good Morning Julia
    Happy Christmas to you and your family.Great card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julia,
    Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!
    Beautiful card!
    Congratulations to Pawprintx4!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas Julia to you and yours and thank you for all you hard work and inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Happy Christmas to you and your family.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Christmas.

    Gorgeous card today, congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas. A gorgeous creation today, love it. Also Congratulations to the card winner.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Julia, Merry Christmas. Amazing card again to day. Looking forward to your shows tomorrow.
    Congratulations to Pawprint.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Julia, Merry Christmas x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Julia
    Merry Christmas to you .
    Well done to Pawprints x4.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Great dies and a lovely background. Thanks for sharing.

    Merry Christmas and I hope you have a lovely day today and tomorrow.

    Congratulations Pawprintx4.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas! I enjoyed scrolling through your gallery. Lots of inspiration there. Looking forward to watching your shows on hochanda. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    A lovely card.
    Congrats to the winner.
    Happy Christmas
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Christmas Julia.
    Lovely card today.
    Congratulations to the card winner
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to the car winner and Happy Christmas everyone. Lovely card Julia. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you didn’t work too hard today
    Beautiful card I am so looking forward to your shows

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia, what a beautiful card, love the pinpoint roses, and a superb background. Looking forward to the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!