Thursday 28 December 2017

Scattered Leaves Background and Pixie Powders

Hi Bloggers.

Hope you enjoyed the shows over the past couple of days. Today I'll be continuing with my prep for the shows I have on Saturday.

Here's today's card -

2 techniques with Pixie Powders on this card. For the central panel, I added a good layer of CS Glue to a piece of Black Gloss Card. I then added CS Pixie Powders in Plum Twist, Sun Yellow, Spearmint and Ancient Copper. I made sure that all the glue was covered. Using a Low Speed Heat Tool, I heated the area until the glue started bubbling. I swapped over to a regular heat tool and continued to heat. This does take quite a while.

For the frame, I misted a piece of Black Card with water. I then sprinkled the Pixie Powders over. I added a little more water and put aside to dry. Once dry, I cut dies #2 and #3 together from the Scattered Leaves Background into it. I added a die from the Double Pierced Background Rectangle to cut the frame out. I glued a piece of Coconut White Card behind it. I slotted die #2 back into the centre and cut. I added my frame to my CS Glue/Pixie Powder background using CE Mounting Cushion. I matted onto Coconut White Card, Black Card and then another piece of Coconut White Card.
I stamped the sentiment from the Woodware Vintage Pocket Watches Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using the Pierced Flags Die Set.

I made a flower out of Coconut White Card and more of my Black Card with Pixie Powder on it using the Spiral Flower Die Set. I added a drop of Old Gold CS Phill Martin PVA to the centre.

I'll be back tomorrow with a sneak peek from Saturday's shows.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

Free card with all website orders over £10 (Add a note to your order in your cart).

24 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, lovely card today

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Julia, love it
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julia.. WOW card this morning . You are the Queen of creating back grounds. I really enjoyed all your shows yesterday. I had a go with the Pixie powder and shaving foam last night. I am happy with the results and they smell nice.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic shows Julia. You were so funny. Great techniques too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Julia. Enjoyed all your shows. Thank you for all the fab techniques, I learnt a lot, keep them coming please.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting background - you're so imaginative Julia! A lovely card.
    My son gave me a weaving die for Christmas- can't wait to start having a go.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Julia. Ohhhh myyyyy Godddd I forgot to watch.... and just look at what you were using . Am going to try and do catch up or rewind or whatever you do to see if I can get it. This background is beautiful. Well done Julia. Kind regards Ann Toppcards Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awsum shows Julia the card is beautiful thank you for sneak peek xxxxx
    June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Great card, I have to do catch up on a couple of your shows.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, what a stunning card, love the background, it looks like a piece of mineral ore/rock. Another technique I have yet to try. Will be watching the recorded shows today, even though I watched a couple live. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this technique I will have a go with these colours Your shows were brilliant and I enjoyed all of the techniques which I’m itching to have a go at

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia ,great shows and a lovely card .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia.

    I love this card, especially your background, such lovely colours. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fabulous background. Love it. I may have to give this technique a try. I was able to watch a couple of your great hochanda shows and will try to get to the others today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card Julia and fantastic shows on hochanda x I learnt loads and it's great seeing some of the older dies used x thankyou Julia x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia this is a stunning card that background you have created is amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! I did a catch up on Rewind for the 27th show. I only get two per day (?). I used to see different shows but perhaps you get a break for the holiday. We don't want to wear you out.
    This is a very neat card. I love the black card with Pixie that you cut out. Very pretty.
    You made my day on Hochanda with the Pixie in shaving foam and then adding spray...always going the extra step. The Caught in Crystal with gilding flakes, Pixies, and spray...over the top marvelous. You are the Queen of backgrounds for sure along with the Queen of Weaving. Can't wait to get my set. I wish you the best and all those here on the blog.
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, This card is lovely, I adore the background, the texture is unbelievable.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love this background idea you have used here Julia...the definite queen of backgrounds, so many times I go back to your blog to find one I need, and sure enough it is there....thank you Julia..this card is so so pretty....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!