Sunday 24 December 2017

Christmas Eve Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

Christmas Eve! Where has the year gone? I'm prepping today for my shows on 30th December but today I have another sneak peek from the One Day Special that I'm launching on Hochanda on Boxing Day at 6pm.

This is a really simple card to construct. It may not be apparent from the photo but the blue background actually contains a simple but cool technique with Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Mixed Media Paint.

I painted a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate with Blue Boy CS Acrylic Mixed Media Paint and put aside to dry for a couple of minutes. I then gave it a 2nd coat and let dry again.

I cut the largest 2 dies in the New Zealand Background Die Set into a piece of Coconut White Card. I glue this to the side of my Acetate without the paint on it. I slotted die #4 into the aperture and cut to create a frame.

I then cut dies #1 and #3 into another piece of Coconut White Card. I glued my waste piece at the back of it. I added my large background piece to it using CE Mounting Cushion and added a frame cut from Coconut White Card using the Double Pierced Background Rectangle Die Set. I matted onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card.

I stamped my sentiment from the CE Petite Lavish Sentiments Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Manganese Blue Archival. I cut it out using the Pierced Flags Die Set.

I sprayed a piece of felt with CS Frosty Sky Ink Spray Mist. Once dry, I made a couple of flowers using the Classic Foldover Flowers Die Set.

I cut some foliage out of Coconut White Card using the Blossoming Branch Die Set. I painted a piece of Coconut White Card with Blue Boy Mixed Media Paint and cut the tiny flowers in the same die set out of it. I did try and use up my scraps of leftover Acetate but on this occasion it would not cut - the acetate will cut simple dies, it depends on what's on it. I added 3mm White Pearls to the centre of my tiny flowers.

I shall be trying to remember to go to bed with ear plugs in tonight to try and dampen out to noise of the brass band that plays outside my house every Christmas Day at 8am! Something I look forward to every year - not! Guaranteed to put me in a good mood if they wake me up!

I've scheduled another sneak peek for tomorrow at 6am - I hope you get a minute to pop by at some point. Have a lovely Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

Free card with all website orders over £10 (Add a note to your order in your cart).

18 comments:

  1. Good Morning Julia.. Stunning card this morning . Love the colour in the back ground created from Acrylic Mixed Media Paint. Wishing you and all a wonderful Christmas.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julia, beautiful card, love the blue in the background.
    Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julia
    Love this card especially your background.The colour is beautiful .
    Happy Christmas everyone.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Julia. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas, and may this be the year that the brass band goes elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Julia. A merry Christmas to everyone.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, this is a lovely card, I will be watching on Boxing day to see you do this one. Oh and get some ear plugs to smother the noise of the brass band tomorrow.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, gorgeous colour blue.
    Like Craftysuetoo, I hope the brass band decide to serenade at a different house/street this year.
    Happy Christmas
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card JULIA I hope you’re not woken up too early

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love everything about it.

    Fingers crossed the brass band chooses a different location this year?!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, I have this die but I must confess that I have not used but a few times.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and i love the colour .
    Elaine H XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia lovely card the background colour is gorgeous love the felt flower I hope you & your family have a lovely Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia this is stunning, i love the backgrouns and the gorgeous colour.
    I am wishing you and your family a very merry christmas and a fab new year x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very pretty card. I like the idea of the acrylic pains on acetate to produce the background.

    Have a good Christmas. Your Boxing Day programmes will have to be a case of catch-up as I forgot to program the recorder.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Julia. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and to everyone on your blog. Difficult to block out a brass band I expect!!! Good luck. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card and you are right, I would never have guessed how you made this.
    Merry Christmas,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, what a lovely card, hope you had a lovely Christmas and managed to not get woken by the brass band. Bx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!