Monday 4 December 2017

Julia as a background with Gilding Flakes

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I cut dies #1and #4 together from the Julia Die Set into a piece of Coconut White Card several times.  I added a piece of CE Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet to the back and then added CS Autumn Leaves Gilding Flakes to the exposed adhesive on the front, removing the excess with a piece of Rubit Scrubit.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using dies #2 and #4 from the Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set. I added it to my background using Woodware Foam Tape. I matted onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card.

I added a piece of CE Double Sided Adhesive to a piece of Coconut White Card. I peeled away the other backing sheet and then added some Autumn Leaves Gilding Flakes. I cut the sentiment from the Life is a Garden Die Set out of it. I popped it onto a banner cut using the Stitched Flags Die Set and tucked it into the side of my frame.

I cut a pair of Oak Leaf Swag Dies out of Coconut White Card. I cut 3 sizes of flowers from the Sunflower Bouquet Die Set out of more of my Gilded Card. I popped some more Double Sided Adhesive onto a piece of Cinnamon Card and cut out 3 flower centres. I removed the backing and added Copper Micro Beads. I added the centres to my flowers and popped them on my card as shown.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 1st December is ............................

Betty McAlister

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

24 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, this card is so feminine and lovely. The sunflowers are gorgeous. Well done Betty on winning the card. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Julia
    What a lovely start to the week.Loving your use of copper in the background and the beads.It's a beautiful card.
    Congratulations to Betty.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julia. Amazing card this morning . I love the gilding flakes shinning through the design. Congratulations to Betty.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia is a pretty die which looks great as a background. A different idea to try.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card today.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, beautiful card today, love it. Congrats to Betty

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, I enjoyed your demo of this on Hochanda.
    Congrats to Betty.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw you do this on HOCHANDA I love it and it made me look at some of my mandala dies to turn into backgrounds! I really must use my gilding flakes more often Like you said if you don’t use a product it’s a waste

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card Julia I’m guilty of buying the flakes and not useing them thank you love june Horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia I love this card it's so pretty the Julia die is beautiful since I watched you demo with it it has gone on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Love your card, gilding flakes are gorgeous.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia

    Lovely card today.

    Keep warm and safe

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everything about this card Julia .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card. I enjoyed your demo of this on Hochanda.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia.

    Beautiful Card. Great die and I love your background, Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Betty McAlister.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry, I forgot ...Congratulations Betty McAlister!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good afternoon Julia, beautiful card, love it
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, I love this !!
    Congratulations to Betty.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the way you have used the die to create a background. Great card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Evening Julia. Beautiful sparkly card today. The Julia die looks gorgeous cut as a background. Love it.
    Thrilled that I'm a winner this week, and will look forward to receiving the pretty pink and silver card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very pretty Julia, I love doing this with gilding flakes, always a lovely finish...beautiful card...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!