Wednesday 27 December 2017

One Day Special Shows Continue Today

Hi Bloggers.

Hope you managed to catch the shows yesterday. I have more shows today at 9am, 1pm and 5pm - lots more techniques to share.

I wanted to share this card today to show how some of the smaller elements in the Background Die Sets can be used on their own.

The background is actually a negative print from when I sprayed a piece of felt -

I sprayed half a sheet of Ivory Felt with Scarlet Sunrise CS Ink Spray Mist through the Beady Eyes Mask. I picked the mask up, turned it over and pressed it onto a piece of Coconut White Card. I put my felt aside to use in another project.

I inked around the edges of my negative background using Natural Rosewood Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I matted onto Black Card and then another piece of Coconut White.

I sprayed a piece of Coconut White Card with Scarlet Sunrise Ink Spray Mist. Once dry, I cut die #2 from the New Zealand Background and die #2 from the Scattered Leaves Background out of it.

I cut dies #1 and #2 together from the New Zealand Background out of Black Card. I glued this to my Scarlet Sunrise die cut.

I cut dies #1 and #2 together from the Scattered Leaves Background out of Black Card. I glued this to my Scarlet Sunrise die cut.

I stamped one of the circles from the Woodware Vintage Circles Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Onyx Black Versafine, I added CS Clear Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I cut it out using scissors leaving a tiny white border around it. I inked around the edges with Natural Rosewood Colour Cloud. I misted a little Scarlet Sunrise Ink Spray Mist onto my Craft Sheet. I picked it up using a Paint Brush and coloured in the butterfly and the little heart.


I stamped a little butterfly from the Woodware Vintage Pocket Watches Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Onyx Black Versafine, I added CS Clear Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I cut it out using scissors leaving a tiny white border around it. I coloured it using Scarlet Sunrise Ink Spray Mist. I shaped it a little and added it to the corner of the New Zealand Background die cut.

I stamped the sentiment from the Woodware Vintage Pocket Watches Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Onyx Black Versafine and embossed with CS Clear Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using the Pierced Flags Die Set and inked around the edges with Natural Rosewood Colour Cloud.

I sprayed a piece of Ivory Felt with Scarlet Sunrise Ink Spray Mist. Once dry, I made a flower using the Classic Foldover Flowers Die Set.


I completed my card by adding a 5mm Black Pearl to 3 of the corners of my background.

I'm offering 10% discount on items on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Please enter JULIAWATTS in the discount code box at checkout to activate your discount. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

Free card with all website orders over £10 (Add a note to your order in your cart). 

21 comments:

  1. Great card, quite striking.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Julia. Unable to watch or record your programmes last night due to very strong winds and heavy rain blocking out signal on Freesat. Hope to have better luck today and will watch last nights on catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Great card looking forward to some me time today so I can watch today's shows.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. Hopefully the recorder did its magic yesterday, otherwise it'll mean a mammoth session on Rewind when we get home.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia . I really enjoyed last night show. I loved watching how you created the flower and the back grounds. To days card is stunning . I am looking forward to watching your shows to day.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card I’m definitely watching your shows Feet up, hot drink and a bit of knitting in hand!
    I’m really looking forward to the shaving foam and Pixie Powder technique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, lovely card today, missed your shows yesterday as I was poorly, I will try and catch some of them later.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Just watching you now, your fit of giggles made me smile. Hope you had a lovely Christmas.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Julia, the shows are brilliant, packed with techniques. You and Leonie had me in stitches this morning. Love this card, the background Is perfect for pulling all the elements together. Have a great day everyone, cold and snowy out. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the shows yesterday Julia results were brilliant thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia lovely card beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. I like the layering of the die cuts. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Julia x enjoying your brilliant shows x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, A lovely card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Something very different. Impressed with the felt work! Most unusual.

    Enjoying the shows. I have the last one to catch up on.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Julia. Didn't manage to watch most of your programmes but all recorded. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are just amazing. Will have to watch catch up to see how they were done.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  19. My sister and I watched your show yesterday. I loved all your demos and samples. I did have to get the One Day Special...too good to pass up and you were having too much fun. You did a great job, Julia!
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!