Saturday 23 December 2017

Saturday Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

As promised, today I have a sneak peek for you from the One Day Special that I'm launching on Hochanda at 6pm on Boxing Day. I know it's a busy time with family and friends but I do hope that some of you can tune in.

The shows are all about backgrounds. The ODS bundle comprises of some Sue Wilson Background Dies and there are a few more background dies available outside of the bundle and some Finishing Touches Dies too. For me, the show is not just about the dies (which are all lovely!) but it's about the backgrounds you create to use with them and the mediums you can use to create those backgrounds. There are lots and lots of goodies on the shows and quite a few on pick & mix so hopefully, there'll be something for everyone. I've certainly had alot of fun creating the samples - I would have kept going if I hadn't another show on 30th December to prep for!

Anyhow, here's your sneak peek for today -

This is one of those cards that really does look better in real life. For the background, I have used Pixie Powders on felt! Who knew how fabulous it would look?

I used a piece of Ivory Felt. It comes in a pack of 10 sheets. Each sheet is 9" square. I've cut a sheet in half. I tend to do this when I' experimenting - if it doesn't work, I haven't wasted much and if it does work, I have a piece big enough to use.

Back to my felt, I misted it with water - quite alot of water, and then added Pixie Powders in the usual way. I used Plum Twist, Sun Yellow and Ancient Copper. You don't get such an immediate reaction as you do on card, it's a slow explosion. Cool though! Now, this isn't colour fast so if you do this, don't wash it unless you want the colour to come out.

Now, you may be wondering why you would do this on felt and not just on card as you would normally do? Well, you could, and it would look fabulous. However, here, it's all about the texture you get from using the felt. I have used every single scrap of my felt background, using the leftover bits on my foldover flowers and on the little flowers on my blossoming branch.

I made a frame out of Milk and Rich Plum Card using the Indian Ocean Background and the Double Pierced Background Rectangles. I added it to my felt background, trimming away the excess. I matted onto Milk Card, then Rich Plum and then onto another piece of Milk Card. The overall size falls just shy of A5.

I stamped a sentiment from the Creative Expressions Petite Lavish Sentiments Stamp Set onto Milk Card using Plum Archival. I cut it out using the Pierced Flags Die Set and cut the next sized die out of Rich Plum Card.

I made a couple of flowers from my leftover felt using the Classic Foldover Flowers Die Set.

I cut a pair of leaves out of Milk Card using the Blossoming Branch. I cut the tiny flowers out of my remaining scraps of felt and added a 3mm Cream Pearl to the centre of each tiny flower.


I'll be back tomorrow with another sneak peek.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

Free card with all website orders over £10 (Add a note to your order in your cart). 

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Julia. Love your backgrounds. Hope to catch some of the shows live but will set the recorder just in case
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card.
    Very excited about your shows, I love it when you do background techniques. Recorder is set, we're at our daughter's for Christmas so unlikely to have a chance to watch you live.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Love the background again.Such a beautiful card. Will try and watch your shows.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, what a great idea, I will be watching on Boxing day, with you and John on the same day it will be awesome.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia, really looking forward to shows on Boxing day. What amazing effect you have created with Pixie powder on felt. I do like the powders and looking forward to watching you Demo this one.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will set the recorder in case I miss it, so looking forward to it, such a gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sneak peek is great Julia if I can’t watch all the shows I’ll record the rest next year is going to be my pixi powder year thank you love june Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea , Julia. The flowers look fabulous. Will record the shows.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia,

    stunning - stunning - stunning!
    A wonderful card and a breathtaking background and the flowers are beautiful!

    To you, your family and all blog readers a very MERRY CHRISTMAS

    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia, what an incredible card, the colours are amazing, sounds like a great technique to try. Have a great day everyone, hopefully you are all nearly ready for the big day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely sneak peak Julia, will be hitting the record button ,just in case i fall asleep after a big lunch .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful I hope to tune on Boxing Day I would never have dreamed of using felt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Afternoon Julia. What a beauty . It looks like fire. It's fabulous. This has to be my year to get it right but I am definitely going to try this out. Beautiful. Kind regards Ann Toppcards Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are the best at thinking up new techniques experimenting like a scientist in his lab. I love this new idea. I have a drawer full of felt in different colors I never use so this might be the ticket for me to clear in out.
    I will try to watch live if I can figure out the timing but I will definitely see the rewind.
    Hugs,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a brilliant idea. Really must try this. Thank you for sharing this with us Julia. Something I would not think of trying. Will try and watch on Boxing Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Who would have thought to put pixie powders on felt? No one but Julia Watts. I love your mixed media and the awesome backgrounds you create. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, I would never have thought to do that with felt, but boy what a lovely creation you have with it, and it is all pulled together by using the felt on the flowers too, gorgeous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, that is certainly different. Love the flowers.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia wow what a fabulous card who would have thought upholstery could use pixie powders on felt I sadly won't be able to watch your shows on boxing day as I'll be at my daughters I just hope I'll be able to watch them on catch up

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another of your brilliant backgrounds Julia. Looking forward to your shows, set to record already. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!