Sunday 31 December 2017

Happy Hour Backgound with Misters on Acetate

Hi Bloggers.

Hope you enjoyed the shows yesterday. I thought it would be appropriate to continue with the cocktail glass show samples today as it's New Year's Eve -

A cool background on this one. I started by adding some CS Glue to some Acetate. I misted it with a little water and moved the glue around using my finger. I then misted with Aqua Lagoon, Scarlet Mist and Golden Mint Misters. I scrunched up a piece of White Tissue Paper, opened it out and added it to my background, tapping it down with a piece of Kitchen Roll. I put aside to dry - this takes quite a while depending on how wet it is. Once dry, it is possible to fill in any gaps by misting the tissue paper again with misters but I didn't in this case.

I cut the Happy Hour Background into a piece of Coconut White Card. I added some of my background to the back.


I made a frame out of Coconut White Card and added it to my Happy Hour Background using CE Mounting Cushion. I matted onto a piece of Coconut White Card, Black Card and then another piece of Coconut White Card.

I cut a Cocktail Glass out of Coconut White Card. I misted the stem with CS Riviera Blue Ink Spray Mist. I cut the Cocktail Glass out of some of my Acetate Background. I trimmed away the stem and added it to my part misted Coconut White Die Cut. I cut the straw from the 3D Cosmopolitan Glass Die Set out of Coconut White Card and the rind die out of Coconut White Card misted with Golden Mint CS Mister.

I cut the celebrate sentiment from the 3D Cosmopolitan Cocktail Die Set out of Black Card. I cut a banner out of Coconut White Card using the Stitched Flags Die Set.

Hope you enjoy your New Year's Eve.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

Free card with all website orders over £10 (Add a note to your order in your cart). 

20 comments:

  1. Good Morning Julia
    I did enjoy my day watching your shows.Lots of different ideas and techniques to try.
    Thanks Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julia, really enjoyed your shows as I always do - full of different techniques. Thank you.

    Wishing you and your family a happy, healthy and peaceful 2018
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. Great shows yesterday. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2018.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, beautiful card sample today with these lovely products.

    Wishing you and your family, health, wealth and happiness for 2018

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just been watching you make this on Hochanda - I love it. Does anyone else "see" waistcoats in this die or is it jest me?!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Anne, I see waistcoats too, at first glance I couldn't make my mind up what this die was because I saw waistcoats, it took me ages to 'see' that it was the 'glasses' that I should be looking at hahahaha.
      Lots of love from Patricia xx

      Delete
  6. Hello Julia, another really cool card to celebrate new year, love the colours on the background, very similar to some tropical cocktails. Have a great day everyone and enjoy your New Years eve, whatever you do. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Julia. I really enjoyed your shows yesterday , Demos was brilliant as always. To days card is stunning.
    Wishing you and all a Happy New year and hope 2018 is a good year for everyone.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, not been very well so not watched much TV, will catch up later.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia,
    Stupendous Card, Tremendous Shows Thank You For Sharing All The Tips/Techniques Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card I thoroughly enjoyed your shows over the Christmas period and will definitely be having a go at different backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, Loved the shows and convinced me I do need the dies and Lisa's stamps. Not sure about this one my eyes have a job picking out the top and bottom glasses. It's an illusion.
    Hope you have happy and healthy 2o18 and thanks for all your hard work and inspiration Denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Julia.

    Great card, lovely background, I'm not sure about the die set though. Thanks for sharing and all you have done this year. I wish you a Happy 2018.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely background. I love all the beautiful things you can do with acetate. This card is very appropriate for this time of year. I hope you have a Happy New Year and looking forward to seeing more of your magic next year.
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not my favorite die set but you have worked your magic making a beautiful card , Cheers and good health for 2018 .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see waistcoats too, at first glance I couldn't make my mind up what this die was because I saw waistcoats, it took me ages to 'see' that it was the 'glasses' that I should be looking at hahahaha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, very apt for tonight. Have a good New Year's eve xx hazel

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!