Sunday 17 December 2017

Glitter Kiss on Acetate with Linear Leaf Background

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background on this one, I have used a technique that I saw Sue Wilson do a while back. I used a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate. I added large dollops of Glitter Kiss in Golden Sand and Light Copper. I spread them around using my finger, keeping some area in the individual colours and blending the colours in others. I put aside to dry - it does take a while, overnight should do it.

Once my background was dry, I cut the Linear Leaf Background into a piece of Coconut White and a piece of Black Card. I glued them together, offsetting them slightly to create a drop shadow. I added them to my Glitter Kiss background. When I demoed this on Hochanda, I also matted onto Black Card but that demo didn't get finished - it's lying in a box somewhere 😔

I matted onto a larger piece of Coconut White Card, onto Black Card and another piece of Coconut White.

I cut 2 pairs of leaves out of Black Card using the Sycamore Branch Die Set. I added Golden Sand Glitter Kiss to them. I cut some flowers and flower centres out of Coconut White Card. I coloured the flowers with Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide and the centres using Vintage Photo Distress Oxide using Smoothies.

I cut my sentiment out of Black Card using the Mix & Match Friendship Die Set.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

Free card with all website orders over £10 (Add a note to your order in your cart).

20 comments:

  1. Good Morning Julia
    Gorgeous card again today.I'm still in love with the Linear Leaf die.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Julia, love the linear leaf die and the background is gorgeous.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. I'm loving that linear leaf background, you've made some great cards with it.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, beautiful card today, love the background technique.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia. A WOW card this morning . The back ground colours look stunning with Linear die. I like the effect you have got with the Glitter kiss on black card , going to try that to day.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia gorgeous card I love the linear leaf die will have to get that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. Love the linear leaf die and the sycamore branch too.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving everything about this card Julia , Gosh you are so clever with that glitter kiss, lovely work .
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great card using this beautiful background die

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual you have created a fabulous background for an eye-catching card. I love it. I do want some glitter kiss for a play.You have certainly showed the linear leaf die to good advantage.
    Have a great day,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia,
    Another beautiful background for a lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. I do like the method of making is background, so easy to do.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Julia. Lovely background using the Glitter Kiss. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, a lovely card, the background looks fabulous done with the glitter kiss, another item on the wish list then. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. The background you have created is amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Julia. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!