Tuesday 12 December 2017

Julia's Magnolia Circle with Linear Leaf Background

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I misted a piece of Watercolour Card with Phill Martin CS Misters in Electric Blue, Lime Burst and Purple Paradise. There was a little bit of Pixie Powder from somewhere that ended up on my background too - I was fine with that. I put aside to dry.

I cut the Linear Leaf Background into a piece of Coconut White Card, extending it widthways and lengthways as described in this post.

Once my misted background was dry, I added my Linear Leaf Background. I made a frame using dies #2 and #4 from the Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set and added it to my backgrounds using Woodware Foam Tape. I matted onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card.


I stamped the Julia's Magnolia Circle Stamp to Die For onto Coconut White Card using Onyx Black Versafine. I stamped the sentiment from the Petite Lavish Sentiments. I added CS Clear Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I coloured in using Pixie Powders - Aubergine Dream, Straw Yellow and Pale Olive. I cut out using the largest die in the Julia Die Set.

I cut some leaves out of Coconut White Card using the Oak Leaf Swag Die Set. I made some flowers out of some more of my misted background and Coconut White Card using the Spiral Flower Die Set.


Lisa Horton has shows on Hochanda today at 11am, 4pm and 7pm. I don't have many of the items on the shows, but those I do have can be found here. There's 10% discount on them for today only. Please enter LISAHORTON in the discount code box at checkout to activate your discount.

Don't forget you tell your family that we do gift vouchers if they're struggling to come up with gift ideas for you!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

22 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a really beautiful card, love how the flowers coloured in, tone in so well with the background. Have a great day everyone and stay warm. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Lovely card again today.(Santa's got my list with the leaf die on it.)It looks so useful for the backgrounds.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card and a great background xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, lovely card today.


    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia

    I had to laugh at your comment about the Pixie Powder, it can get to some unexpected places so is aptly named but that can be nice too. A beautiful card today Julia.

    Hope you are keeping warm

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Julia. WOW card this morning .So much detail on this card. I have say the Linear back ground has grown on me.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia,
    that´s a beautiful card today and you used my favourite flowers from Sue´s last Collection.
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia lovely colourful card the stamp & flowers are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an extraordinary card, Julia. You are so creative. Love all your wonderful backgrounds and of course a bit of Pixie Dust makes everything better.
    Have a great day!
    Stephanie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Julia I love this card a lovely get well fo for a poorly person thank you Lisa’s show was great this morning xxx love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love the flowers and the colours you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card I have the background die on my list to Santa
    I hadn’t realised you did gift vouchers so I will be passing that on

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so pretty, love it...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Julia this is a gorgeous work of art, absolutely love this.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good evening Julia, as you can guess i have had avery busy day , So sorry, but i wanted to pop in and say how lovely your card is , i love these colours and the gorgeous background .
    Night night
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    A eye catching card today. Love the colors you have used.
    Thank you for the daily inspiration.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!