Wednesday 13 December 2017

Wooden Garden Cart

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

The background on this one is actually made up from waste ink on my Craft Sheet and on a mini stencil. The waste ink that was mopped up from my Craft Sheet was Vintage Photo and Fired Brick Distress Oxides. I had inked through the Creative Expressions Vintage Diamond Mini Stencil with Vintage Photo Oxide on another project I misted the stencil with water and pressed it into my card - you canjust make it out on the background. I edged my background with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide using a Smoothie. I matted onto Dark Roast Coffee Card and then Coconut White Card.

I cut the Wooden Garden Cart out of Cinnamon Card twice. I inked through the die on one of them with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide. I cut away the top section of the inked one so that I could slot my veggies in. On the other one, I cut away the handles and the wheel, just to make it earier to layer up.

I cut some vegetables out of Coconut White Card using the Wooden Garden Cart Die Set. I coloured them using Pixie Powders - Burnt Orange, Lava Red and Pale Olive.

I added my veg to the cart and added the top layer using small pieces of CE Mounting Cushion.

I cut the sentiment from the Life is a Garden Die Set out of Cinnamon Card and out of Dark Roast Coffee Card. I trimmed the bottom of the swirl off and glued the 2 die cuts together, offsetting them to create a drop shadow.

I misted a piece of Coconut White Card with water. I sprinkled Burnt Orange, Straw Yellow and Bronze Blush Pixie Powders over and put aside to dry. Once dry, I cut a pair of Sycamore Branch out of it and the little leaves in the set out of it a couple of times.


Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

22 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a stunning card, love all the elements you have used together, and the nice warm autumnal colours. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a lovely card today, I remember you doing this on Hochanda, you showed us both your way and Sue's of making the wheelbarrow, brilliant.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Julia, love the background
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card-great background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Autumn picture with such a stunning background. Love it.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Julia. The sycamore branch is a favourite of mine.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A stunning card. All the elements of this card come together beautifully - I'd be happy to frame it and hang it on the wall. The background is perfect for the subject.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Julia I saw you make it on your brill!!!!! Thank you
    Love June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Julia. stunning card this morning . As always brilliant back ground which really brings the card to life and makes everything stand out. I do love seeing how you have used the pixie powders.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Stunning card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia this is a stunning card I love it those dies are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Great dies and lovely colours, right for so many people. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow ! way out gorgeous love the colours making a beautiful card .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia
    Love the colours of this.I can see lots of gardener's loving this card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful combination of color and design.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julia, you can take waste and make a jewel of a card. This is just lush. Love it!
    Have a great Wednesday,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I just love this card, would so be my husband for his birthday, he loves his garden...thank you Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia wow what a fabulous card I love the barrow full of veg it's so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card. Your background just illustrates your frequently mentioned view that we shouldn't waste the excess ink on our craft sheets, the great background you have used certainly prove it.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Julia, ideal for all garden enthusiasts, male or female. xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!