Friday 29 December 2017

Cocktail Glasses Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

I have shows on Hochanda tomorrow at 8am, 12noon and 3pm with Sue Wilson's Cocktail dies from the Necessities Collection and Background Collection.

As promised, I have a sneak peek for you today -

This is a really simple card but it's one of my favourites. When cutting the Celebrate sentiment from the 3D Cosmopolitan Cocktail Glass Die Set, I discovered that you could still read the negative - it's the same with the Party sentiment in the same die set - very clever of Sue to do that! So, these dies make perfect masks - I've done that in some of my samples. On this card, I could have cut the sentiment out of Double Sided Adhesive Sheet on card 3 times and added Polished Silk Glitter to each one. But, to be honest, the letters are very delicate and this way is much easier and you get the cut away sentiment to use onother projects.

I started with a piece of Coconut White Card that was left over from cutting out a frame using the Double Stitched Rectangles Die Set. I cut the Celebrate sentiment from the 3D Cosmopolitan Cocktail Glass Die Set out of the card 3 times as shown. I cut 3 strips of Woodware Double Sided Adhesive Sheet. I added one to the back of the top sentiment and added Sahara Gold CS Polished Silk Glitter to exposed adhesive on the front. I repeated the process with the central and bottom sentiments with Rose Copper and Silver Chrome Polished Silk Glitter respectively.

I matted onto Black Card cut using the next sized die in the Double Stitched Rectangles Die Set and then onto another piece of Coconut White Card.

I added a piece of Woodware Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to a piece of Coconut White Card. I cut a glass, a straw and an umbella from it using the Cocktail Glasses Die Set. I peeled away the other backing sheet and added Sahara Gold Polished Silk Glitter to the glass, Rose Copper Polished Silk Glitter to the straw and Silver Chrome Polished Silk Glitter to the umbrella.

Simple!

I've added photos of the samples from the shows to the Gallery Section of this blog and to my Julia Watts Crafts Facebook Page.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

Free card with all website orders over £10 (Add a note to your order in your cart). 

21 comments:

  1. Great card for the season Julia xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cheery sort of card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    This card makes me smile.
    Cheers
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Julia . Stunning card this morning . Love the idea of sentiments. Going forward to shows.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card today, love the others you have made.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, just right with New Year’s Eve on the horizon.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A great card, I love the simplicity.
    The recorder seems to have recorded everything while we were away, so I can catch up with your shows at my own pace (I watched the first show last evening and already you've given me lots of ideas for backgrounds).
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, what a brilliant card, just in time with New Year fast approaching. Love the different colours of glitter for the sentiment die. Will have to watch the shows. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, a really lovely card today, very apt for this weekend.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah still in France so will miss you...internet a bit hit and miss in the cottage we are in so not been on too often....a lovely simple pretty card today...have a great time on Hochanda...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Julia.

    A nice simple Card, I really like the multi use of the Celebrate die and the colour use. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Julia,
    Exceptional Card I Have Both Sets Of These Particular Cutting Dies, I Just Wanted To Say How Much I Throughly Enjoyed Your Tremendous Shows On Hochanda Your Enthusiasm Boils Over Which Encourages Me To Have A Go.... I Will Definitely Be Watching Your Upcoming Shows I Can’t Wait To See The Phenomenal Cards You Will Inspire Us To Make With Hugs From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Julia x really looking forward to your shows tomorrow x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, I love this !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I truly enjoyed your last delightful shows on hochanda. So many awesome backgrounds. I especially liked the demo where you put almost everything, except the kitchen sink, on the wet glue on acetate covered with tissue paper. Super goreous creation. I must try this. I also liked the pixie powder on shaving cream. I have done this myself and loved the look. I added one more step than you did. After adding the pixies, I also lightly misted with water the top of the pixies and foam. I liked that I got more interaction with the pixies. Thank you for all the inspiration you showed us crafters on hochanda. I'm looking forward to more of your background ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Julia, will be watching shows tomorrow
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    Love this card!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia lovely card like the way you cut out the celebrate three times &used glitter to.make them all different I'm going to miss your shows as I'm still at my daughters

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card I’m looking forward to the shows

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!