Thursday 7 December 2017

Another Julia Background

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the lacy background on this one, I used the smallest die in the Julia Die Set and cut it lots of times into a piece of Coconut White Card. For the coloured background behind it, I used a piece of Watercolour Card. I misted it with Bright Sunshine and Tangy Tangerine CS Phill Martin Misters.I sprinkled over some Straw Yellow and Burnt Orange CS Pixie Powders and misted with water. I moved some of the excess ink around using a piece of Kitchen Roll, taking care not to remove too much of the mica powder contained in the Pixie Powder.

Once my Mister/Pixie Background was dry, I glued my Julia Backround to it. I made a frame using dies #2 and #4 from the Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set and added it to my backgrounds using Woodware Foam Tape. I matted onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card.

I stamped the Julia's Sunflower Posy Stamp onto Coconut White Card using Onyx Black Versafine Ink. I stamped the sentiment from the CE Petite Lavish Sentiments Stamp Set. I added CS Clear Embossing Powder and heat set.

I coloured in using CS Phill Martin Misters in Bright Sunshine, Tangy Tangerine and Lime Burst - I just misted a little on to my Craft Sheet and picked it up with a Paint Brush. I mixed Tangy Tangerine with a little Lime Burst for the centre of the flowers. I cut the design out using the largest die in the Julia Die Set.

I created another background with Lime Burst Mister and Pale Olive and Bronze Blush Pixie Powders. Once dry, I cut out a pair of Oak Leaf Swags.

I cut 3 sizes of flower from the Sunflower Bouquet Die Set out of some of my orange mister/pixie background that I had left over. For the centres of the flowers, I popped a little CE Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet onto a piece of Dark Roast Coffee Card and cut 3 flower centres. I peeled away the backing and added Medium Clear Glass Micro Beads. I cut some sunflower leaves out of Forest Card.

I completed my card by adding an 8mm White Pearl to the corners of my frame.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk



24 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, this card is lovely and bright. The sunny colours are certain to cheer everyone up on this cold, wet and windy day. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    I am glad you are cheering us up with this lovely bright and colourful card today Thanks Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, lovely card, I remember seeing you do the sunflowers on Hochanda, very interesting and informative, going to give that a try.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely bright card I like the centre of the sunflowers using micro beads I have a pot of them sitting on my shelf so this inspires me to use them xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Julia and the smaller die from the set makes a lovely lacy background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card today-bright & cheerful.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Julia. Such a beautiful card this morning for a wet and dull day. I love that Sue has designed a die after you. The Misters for the back ground work wonderfully and the effect with the Mirco beads are so effected.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A lovely bright and cheerful card.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely summery card to cheer us up on this dark morning. SueLx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Julia

    Two lovely cards yesterday and today. Cards that cheer on two miserable, damp and cold mornings.

    Thank you for your speedy dispatch of orders and for the discounts on your shop Julia as well, very much appreciated at this very busy expensive time. So a Big Thank You!!!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love an orange card for a change! The Julia die is very pretty.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Lovely the background, great card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia this is a stunning card it is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia.

    Pretty Card. I like your background, the latticed top looks great on your PP Card. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia Really gorgeous card I love the bright colours & the sunflower stamp The Julia die is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Julia
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    So bright, so cheerful so lovely. You just brought the summer back.Thank you.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely, bright cheerful card Julia.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card Julie so colourful it's stunning
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card Julia. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia. Beautiful card with a sunshine bright background. The small Julia die makes a lovely background to the sunflower.
    I received your beautiful Friday freebie card today and it is stunning. The pink and silver are a perfect combination, one I'll try for Christmas now. Thank you so much. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I remember this card from Hochanda. It is so eye popping gorgeous and cheery. I love the way you cut the card to use over that brilliant background. I do love to see the stamps used too.
    Thank you for sharing and everyone have a good day...weekend coming,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!