Sunday 5 March 2017

Happy Accident

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, (if you can see it!), I stamped the Creative Expressions Alpha Writing A6 Background using the Heritage Crafts Lilac Pigment Ink Pad onto Coconut White Card. I matted onto Black Card and onto a Coconut White Card blank.

I covered a MDF Mini Tag with White Gesso. I added a little CS Chic Aubergine Mister to my Craft Sheet and mixed in a little CS Warm White Chalk Paint. I used this to paint my tag. I then covered it with Clear Perfect Medium, added CS Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Crystals and heat set using a Low Speed Heat Tool. I added more Perfect Medium and more Clear Powder. Before heat setting, I inked up the Creative Expressions Silhouette Leaf A6 Background Stamp with Jet Black Archival. I heat set the powder and sprinkled on some CS Ultra Thick Embossing Crystals in Bright Gold, Magestic Purple and Lapis Pearl. While the still moulten, I pressed the Silhouette Leaf stamp into it. Unfortunately, the stamp slipped so the result wasn't brilliant. I almost turned it over and started again but, instead, I re-heated it. The powder re-melted and flattened out and I really liked the result - Happy Accident!

I lit the tea lights in the EFCO Enamel Pot. I added some CS Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Crystals to a pie dish and popped it on the hot plate. Once moulten, I added Chic Viola Mica Powder and mixed well. I poured it into a mould made from a cheap button and Ranger Mold n Pour. After a couple of minutes, I removed it from the mould and added it to my tag.

I mixed a little Chic Aubergine Mister with Warm White Chalk Paint and painted onto a piece of Coconut White Card. I used this to make a flower using Sue Wilson's Exquisite Poppy Die Set. I used  a Pigma Micron Pen to draw in the veins in the petals through the die. I cut a leaf out of Black Card using Sue's Curled Vines Die Set.

I completed my card by adding some 5mm White Pearls.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (5th March) - Spellbinders 5 x 7 Flourished Frame only £9.99!

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    A beautiful card Thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Love all your different ideas you are really an inspiration.
    Great card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Julie , beautiful card this morning. Love how yo have create the tag on the card, thank you for sharing. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the tag. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, lovely creation, especially the embellishment you have made.


    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia once again a lovely card. Thank you. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Lovely CAS card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the subtle background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that tag, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia, a lovely elegant card, the subtle background really makes the tag and flower stand out. Have a great Sunday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the tag and thanks for all the great inspiration,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tag is lovely Julia.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia. I love this sort of card where you start with a blank piece of card and turn it into something wonderful. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Julia, that is such a fabulous card and I love the tag its stunning. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Complicated but the end result is lovely.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card I especially like the tag Nearly all of my cards are happy accidents in one way or another

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Julia, fantastic card and beautiful tag
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card julia x your 'happy accidents' always turn out perfect x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning Julia I wish my accidents turned out like this I love the tag with the button embellishment
    Hope you have a lovely Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Julia, i love Happy accidents.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW Julia! This is so different! I love it

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, I love how you have done the tag, and those flowers are gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. And the result, one amazing card...thanks Julia....luv Ursula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely Julia. I really like this. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!