Wednesday 8 March 2017

Happy Birthday

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I cut #3 die from Sue Wilson's Scalloped Lattice Frames Set B out of Coconut White Card. I dusted with an Anti-Static Bag and stamped the new Woodware Bubble Bloom : Daphne and sentiment using Clear Perfect Medium. I added CS True White Detail and heat set.

I misted with water and sprinkled a little Midnight Blue and Golden Mint Pixie Powder over. I used a Brush to spread the colour over the area, going from side to side. This is a really simple resist technique but with the Pixie Powders, you never know quite what you're going to get. Really cool!

Once dry, I added a little Golden Mint Pixie Powder to a Palette and used a Water Brush to make into a paint. I painted the leaves with this.

I added some Midnight Blue Pixie Powder to another well in my Palette, made a paint and used it to colour the 'bubbles' on the flowers. I cut die #4 from the same die set out of Black Card and popped into a Coconut White Card Blank.

I finished my card adding some CS Clear Varnish Lacquer to the 'bubbles' on the flowers.

The new Ranger Distress Oxide Pads are now in stock - Lisa Horton and I are VERY excited about these. I haven't got a deep stock yet - don't say I didn't warn you 😊. You can find them on my website here. Here's a video by Tim Holtz which explains a bit more about them -

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (8th March) - Designs by John Lockwood Background Stamp - Autumn Garden Frame only £2.99!


30 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful and bright card today. I received my order yesterday from you thanks very quick service.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card thank you.
    Take care kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, lovely card today.


    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card Julia a great technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    Anther different card I love it so bright and cheerful.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love it. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card-bright & cheerful.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, very cheering.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    A really gorgeous card, love the background and the blue bubbles make the it pop.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia. Another hit with me, my sort of card. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Julia, A WOW card this morning. Every detail is beautiful. I really need to get some Pixie powders and great that you can paint with them as well.
    I am loving seeing your creations with the Woodware stamps... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to have to try this background technique, Julia, I love it.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card Julia. Thank you for sharing this. Must try these techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card as usual Julia...luv Ursula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Julia, is there no end to pixie powder techniques? Like Anne, I must have ago at this technique. Looks quite a quick card.(apart from drying time)
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, Julia - must try brushing my pixie powders like this as the background is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, This is gorgeous, I love the brushed pixie background, really effective.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia Another gorgeous card and fabulous technique. Ill have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an interesting card. Something h to try.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia,
    Lovely card - your flowers look beautiful! Very interesting new stamps from Tim Holtz as well as a new aid to stamping which I watched on YouTube! Very interesting! Thank you!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card julia and fab techniques x thanks for putting the video up too x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Julia i love this card, love the blue against
    the gorgeous background.
    Absolutely perfect

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia

    I think your card is fantastic! I also have this stamp and need to have a 'play' with it tomorrow lol

    I also think the new Distress Oxide Ink Pads are great and will be a huge success

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Julia, love the technique used for this card
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card Julia. Do like your Pixie powder backgrounds. X

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Julia, love the design and vibrant colours on this card. Pixie powders are just fab for backgrounds and colouring. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous pixie powder back ground and card Julia. must give this a go but have to get some more pixies first.
      Maria x

      Delete

Only positive comments please!