Thursday 2 March 2017

Portrait in Blue

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started by stamping the image from the Creative Expressions Portraits Rubber Stamp Set designed by Danny Mcintosh onto Coconut White Card using Cobalt Archival. I cut it out using die #4 from Sue Wilson's Bermuda Die Set. I inked around the edges with Stonewashed Adirondack Dye Ink using a Smoothie.

I cut dies #5 and #6 from the same die set out of Coconut White Cardand edged with Stonewashed Adirondack. I cut die #6 out of Coconut White Card and glued the 2 die cuts together. I added some 3mm White Pearls and added my image panel.

I used die #2 from Sue's Scalloped Lattice Frames Set B to cut a panel out of Coconut White Card. I stamped around the edges using one of the foliage stamps from the Portraits stamp set and Cobalt Archival. I inked with Stonewashed Adirondack.  I cut die#2 from Sue's Scalloped Lattice Frames Set B out of Cobalt Card and popped onto a Coconut White Card blank.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (2nd March) - Stampendous Cling Rubber Stamp - Sailboats only £7.99!

17 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a very pretty card although she doesn't look too happy but I have photos like this of my gran looking like this in 40s .
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, a lovely card, these stamps are very different, can see them being used in mixed media as well. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    A very unusual card, Thank you.
    I bet she will remind everyone of their Grannys.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, I agree with above a very unusual card, reminds me of my great grandmother. very nice too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia today's card is wonderful that is an amazing stamp. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia. Such a different style of stamp to day. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    I love how the foliage stamped background frames the die cut.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, A lovely stamped card, the foliage background looks great. I feel that these vintage stamps would be fabulous on mixed media, art journals and also scrapbooking layouts, I have lots of photos in this genre and would love these stamps to use on the layouts for these photos.
    Enjoy your day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia. I love these stamps. I think this one looks like someone we all know. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Julia, that card is very Victorian in looks love the serious face of that lady. Youve done a brilliant job of creating a whole layout for her it goes so well to. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Julia, great stamp for mixed media
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these new stamps, they are so vintage looking. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card reminds me of my Grannie.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, the blue and white is so eye catching...love the 'old' portrait too...thanks Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia

    Oh my.... I have old photographs like this but without the lovely blue combo!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  16. As somebody has already mentioned this reminds me of my great grandmother I don't do mixed media etc So not sure I'd use something like this except for a funny 18year old card Looks great done in blue for a change

    ReplyDelete
  17. Although using stamps like this is not my thing i still love how you have done this card.
    I love the layers and the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!