Saturday 18 March 2017

Saturday Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

Just one day till the latest Woodware One Day Special starts. Looking back at the sneak peeks I've shared so far, I haven't shared a card with the Owls stamp so here you go ............

I realise that not everyone likes to colour in stamped images so this card features paper piecing instead (this stamp is brilliant to colour though 😊).

I stamped the Woodware Owls onto Coconut White Card, onto a patterned paper from Phill Martin's Chalkboard Essentials 8 x 8 Paper Pad and once more onto the reverse side of the same paper - using Jet Black Archival. I cut the black paper image out completely (you just lose the tufts on top of the head of the owl on the right). I cut all the eyes and the owl tummies out of the white paper image and glued them on top of the black paper image.

On the Coconut White Card, I inked through the Tzar Mask using Baked Peach and Warm Cocoa CS Colour Clouds using Smoothies. I moved the mask along the card to extend the design. I inked right through the stamped image as the only bit I needed was the tufts - in fact, you could just draw in the tufts instead of stamping the image but it's good to start with this image as a practice as you cover it up anyway!

I added my owl family, matted onto Black Card and then onto a Coconut White Card blank.

I stamped the sentiment that comes in the Woodware Mosaic Owl Set onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I matted onto Black Card and added it to my card using Creative Expressions Mounting Cushion.

I completed my card by adding a 5mm Black Pearl to the corners.

I've uploaded pics of all the samples to my Facebook Page here and to the Gallery Section of this blog here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (18th March) - Spellbinders Wedding Collection - Favorably Simple Gift Box only £9.98!


27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a lovely little card and a very appropriate sentiment love it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, another gorgeous card with the stamps today, love them.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Oh so cute,great card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia, great card, owls are so cute and always popular
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card-I love the owls.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia this is a gorgeous card those owls are adorable. I want that stamp. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A lovely card.
    Just looked at your gallery of samples which are fabulous.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia lovelycard owls are always a hit with me. Thank you Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, Julia. The paper piecing works so well with this stamp.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The paper piecing on this is brilliant but I expect it's very fiddly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Julia, Another brilliant card. This is one of the things I love about Woodware is that you can paper piece so easy. The owls look so cute and the background helps the design stand out..... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, what a cute stamp set, and a brilliant sentiment. Love the paper piecing, great technique. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    A cute card, love the stamp too.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning, such a fabulous card Im looking forward to your shows and the new stamps. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia.

    I think this is so sweet. A great stamp and technique, it would be appropriate for so many occasions. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card, Julia - love the paper piecing . Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card love the expressions of the owls.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely sweet card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia

    This is such a cute card, love the expressions of the owls

    Looking forward to seeing your shows tomorrow

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A cute card here today Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia This is such a cute card love the owls. looking forward to your shows

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for this gorgeous card Julia. I love owls and have recently bought this stamp but not tried it yet. Think I will try your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The owls are so cute. Really looking forward to your shows.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card Julia. Looking forward to your shows x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!