Thursday 9 March 2017

Hooting by

Hi Bloggers.

We all love owls, I think. There are certainly quite a few owl stamps in the Woodware range and Francoise Read has added 3 more in the latest release. Today's card features the new Mosaic Owl stamp set -

I started by dusting a piece of Coconut White Card with an Anti-Static Bag and stamping the owl using Clear Perfect Medium. I added CS Black Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. Next, I added in the background. I inked through the new Matrix Mask with CS Warm Cocoa Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I moved the mask down the card to extend the design. Now, I could have stamped the image again to use as a mask but, using the pointy end of the Smoothie, it's easy enough to be quite precise and add the background around the image. Any that goes on the image can be removed using a Water Brush and dabbing with Kitchen Roll. I left the ink to dry for a couple of minutes and then inked around the edges with CS Decadent Oak Colour Cloud.

I coloured the owl with CS Colour Clouds and CS Pixie Powders - although you can't see the shimmer on the photos. I used Colour Clouds in Warm Cocoa, Decadent Oak, Baked Peach and Turquoise Pool. I used a Smoothie to pop some ink in the lids of the pots and picked up the ink with a Water Brush. I used Pixie Powders in Golden Mint, Plum Twist, Mango Blaze. I popped a little powder in separate wells in a palette and used a Water Brush to make into paint.

I stamped the sentiment that comes in the set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Powder. I trimmed it, edged it with Decadent Oak Colour Cloud and matted onto Black Card.

I completed my card by matting onto Black Card, popping onto a Coconut White Card blank and adding a 5mm Black Pearl to the corners.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (9th March) - Spellbinders Nestabilities - Fairmont Labels only £9.99!


32 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a lovely bright card I love owl stamps they are great for Congratulating when someone has passed exams.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A great card Thank you.
    AS Nancy say's a great card for exam passes.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, such a fabulous stamp, I love owls and the patterns on this one are great. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    What a fun owl I can imagine him coloured in lots of different colourways. Great card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia a lovely card today, mosaic owl, brilliant.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are so vibrant on the owl
    . My daughter would love a card like this xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    A beautiful fun card.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun stamp which makes a great card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely owl - a bright start to the day.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card-gorgeous stamp. I love owls plus squirrels & hedgehogs which we get as visitors in the garden.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a lovely big stamp I love the mosaic pattern

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Julia. A fun card this morning , the owl is so cute and I love how you have create the background. Enjoying seeing your woodwork collection.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Julia, love todays fun card
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia

    What a cute owl. The colouring is stunning!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia, A really fun card, I love owls. I don't know why, but this card gives me a 50s/60s vibe, maybe it's the colours and pattern, reminds me of fabric I used to have. I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, adore the owl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. I am loving your cards with Woodware dies, another one for my collection I think. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia,
    Love your owl, I must say the colouring in superb.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how amazing is that, love the owl...thanks Julia ... luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia,
    What a super owl! It's a lovely card and I really appreciate the detailed explanation of how you coloured it! Thank you. Owls are very popular just now!
    Thanks Julia,
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love owls. It's s lovely card and looks like another owl stamp to add to my collection. Thank you Julia for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow what a lovely colourful card Julia. Just love it. Have a fun day. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another great Woodware stamp and I love how you have used it. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I do love that owl he is so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card. I do love the quirkiness of Woodward stamps.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Julia this is a gorgeous, beautiful, bright and fun card
    and i absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have always loved owls and this one is a wonderful one,
    love it. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia Gorgeous card so colourful and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card julIa. Very colourful. X

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fab stamp julia x you have coloured him beautifully x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!