Wednesday 1 March 2017

Friends Always

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

Another simple card today where the stamps and the Pixie Powder are doing all the work.

I started by creating my PP background. I misted a piece of Coconut White Card with water, sprinkled CS Burnt Orange Pixie Powder over and put aside to dry. Once dry, I dusted with an Anti-Static Bag and stamped one of the images from the Woodware Small Fennel Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium, added CS Black Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I cut it out using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Background Rectangles and cut a mat out of Black Card using the next sized die.

I stamped the sentiment that comes in the Woodware Bubble Bloom : Curly Sue Stamp Set onto some more of my PP background, again using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Black Detail Powder. I cut it out using Sue's Double Pierced Squares and cut the next sized die out of Black Card.

I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using the Creative Expressions Eternal Ivy Embossing Folder. I matted onto Black Card and onto a Coconut White Card blank.

I finished my card by adding a 5mm Black Pearl to each corner.

I managed to finish adding the new stock from Creative Expressions to my website yesterday. Please pop over an have a look if you have the time. There's some lovely stuff to play with. For details of what's new, please see the end of yesterday's post. I have some new Wow! Embossing Powders and Glitters due in today - gorgeous!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (1st March) - Spellbinders Nestabilities - Savoy Labels only £8.99!



37 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a lovely card, the vibrancy of the orange pixie powder is fab. Nice layout with the offset sentiment. have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a beautiful simple clean card today sometimes you don't want all the flowers and bows.
    Nancyd xnx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely card, I always think Black pops the card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Julia
    This a lovely card,great colours so effective.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, lovely card today with stunning colours

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are stunning and the black really makes the Orange pop xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple but striking-lovely card.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia this is a gorgeous card. I love the stamps and the background is brilliant. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, so simple and effective. Just the way I like it!

    Maggie B

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's gorgeous and given me ideas for using the pixie powder bases I made the other day. Thank you.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the burnt orange pp. Lovely card. Simple but still beautiful.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Julia.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    A lovely CAS card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, Julia. I tend to forget about using just one pixie powder - it looks so effective.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, great colours.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, So very pretty this card.
    Enjoy your day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. Lovely sunny colour today. Isn't it funny, I have Curly Sue stamp but I've never noticed the sentiment. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous simple card Julia, my favourite colour, love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Julia. Beautiful card this morning and I have to say love seeing your cards from Woodware. I really need to be brave and get some pixie powders..... Wendy

      Delete
  19. Lovely julia x simple but stunning x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning Julia, a really simple card with a wham look to it, love the background and the image. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning Julia lovely card I love the fennel stamp & the gorgeous colour of the pixie powders
    Hope you have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia
    Lovely card again.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this card Julia. The pixie powders you used is gorgeous and the flower really stands out against it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Julia. Love the pixie colours. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I must say pixie powders are my all time favourite for backgrounds, always so stunning, this colour combination is beautiful and just makes this card pop...thank you Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card love these stamps perfect for your great backgrounds.
    Thank you .jeanie.e

    ReplyDelete
  27. Morning Julia

    Lovely design, colours and the sentiment does say it all

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia,
    A beautiful card, love the background it works so well with the black to set it off.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely, simple card suitable for so many occasions. Thank you Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely, Julia, and I have the died and pixie powders. Might give this a go after lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this card Julia - still not managing to see much TV tho :-(

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this card. CAS cards are my favourite - I'm definitely going to have to "pinch" this layout

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Another lovely clean and simple card. I love the stamp and colour. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia, love the card and how lucky I just bought the burnt orange pixie powder so I can give it a go :)
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely bright card Julia. The Pixie powder background is gorgeous. X

    ReplyDelete
  36. Julia i love this card and the lovely pp background.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!