Tuesday 21 March 2017

Hooting By

Hi Bloggers.

Hope you enjoyed the One Day Special Shows. Sorry that all the hours did not go ahead - there was a power cut in the local town where the studios is situated and when the power came back on the equipment wouldn't talk to each other. I was in the studio with my demos ready just in case we went back on air but unfortuately the 4pm and 7pm shows didn't go live. I will share all my cards on here over the next few weeks. My next Woodware One Day Special is on 4th April.

I'll be spending the day getting orders posted out and starting prep for 4th April.

Here's today's card -

This card has a very similar colour scheme to the card in this post from last week. I can the Tan Card quite late in my prep so I made a couple of cards in a similar colourway. I love the Tan with the Deep Blue Card. It also works well with Rich Plum Card. Not sure if I have any left on my website but I'll get some more.

I stamped the Woodware Mosaic Owl onto Bright White Card using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I coloured in using Graphmaster Alcohol Markers.


I used -
Yellows (beak) 37, 32, 24
Browns (branch) 100, 102, 99 and Greens 59, 47, 43
Browns (owl) 36, 104, 101, 103, 93, 96 and Blues 74, 70, 72, CG9 and (eyes) 67, 63, 64

I cut it out using Sue Wilson's Scalloped Lattice Frames Set B and cut mats out of Tan and Deep Blue Card using the same die set and popped onto a Bright White Card blank.

I stamped the sentiment that comes with the owl onto Bright White Card using Tuxedo Black Memento. I matted onto Tan and Deep Blue Card and added to my card using Creative Expressions Mounting Cushion.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (21st March) - Sue Wilson Frames & Tags Collection - Charlotte only £7.99!
 

32 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card today, love the Owl

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Julia
    Great card the Owl is just wonderful
    Thanks Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, a great card a shame about the shows the sound went on some of them too.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card today Thank you.
    That was a shame about the shows.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness it was only an equipment failure - I was worries something was wrong with you! Shame about missing the shows though! Love today's card!

    Maggie B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, what a pity about the power cut, no doubt the last 2 shows would have been as brilliant and full of inspiration as the others. Hope you get time to relax a bit. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I just love that owl he is magnificent. I am sorry about your shows yesterday. I hope you get everything you want to do today done. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card-love that owl.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. Shame about the shows.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this stamp - a great one for colouring.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Julia, brilliant shows love them all and todays card is just cracking. Love the strong colours to. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia, great card, shame about the last two shows yesterdays but I enjoyed the others.
    Congratulations to Hazel - forgot to mention this yesterday.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, So glad to be back, I've had NO tv or internet for days !! and it sounds like Hochanda have had similar problems, I hope your other shows went well.
    This card is so cute.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    Such a shame for you, all of your hard work and we didn't get to see lots of it. Loved what was shown.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. Was gutted for you yesterday when you had done all that prep. The good news for us is that we won't have to wait long before you are back. Love love love your Woodware cards (can you tell?) SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry that you lost two shows yesterday. I wondered when I tried catch up for the last show and got a repeat.

    Everyone loves an 'ow ow' and this one will appeal to everyone. Love it!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning Julia , another brilliant card to day and love the colours you have used. It was a shame about the some of the shows but what I watched I really enjoyed. Hope your back soon.... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card, I love the bright colours. Thank you Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was a great shame about your shows Julia, this card is just so cute.....thank you...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely bright card, shame about the shows
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card julia x brilliant colouring x such a shame about your shows I enjoy watching them so much x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love owls and this is a brilliant card. Love your colouring. Was just going to catch up on yesterday's shows. Now I see I can't apart from the 12 noon one. I did manage to watch at 9am before I had to go out. Look forward to the 4th April now

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think the problems with the shows was my fault - as I was home yesterday afternoon to watch them - I obviously jinxed them!!! I am working on April 4th, so you should have no problems with your shows.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great owl card Julia. sorry missed your shows but hope to still see you on Saturday.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Julia,
    I wondered what on earth had happened but as I watch on an iPad I thought I'd pressed the wrong button! However I did check later and realised something was amiss. I love the owl. Loved watching you colour . I bought the little owls as I think my Primary School children would love to colour that. Sorry you had lots of work that you weren't able to show!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a shame and after all of your hard work Today's card is very cute I live the colours you chose

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia

    A great card and sentiment. It was rather a bummer about the electricity, it still makes me titter from my NHS career, to hear that the equipment won't talk to each other! Last week my dentist told me she was unable to carry out some work on one tooth until my gum was 'happy'! I replied that I would give it a good talking to!... enough frivolity!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia Lovely card what a shame about your programmes yesterday after all the preparation you did for them. The two programmes that didn't go ahead were the ones I was planning to watch on catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Julia i really love this card, that owl is so adorable.
    I need to get these stamps as soon as i can, i am loving them all.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the stamp Julia.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!