Monday 20 March 2017

Woodware One Day Special Shows today

Hi Bloggers.

Woodware One Day Special shows continue day on Hochanda at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I hope you can join me - I wonder if the stock will last the day??

I have a two-fer for you today.

Here's your first card -

Working on acetate again but in a different way to yesterday's card.

I started by creating my background. I drizzled some CS Clear Varnish Lacquer onto a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate. I then sprinkled some CS Midnight Blue Pixie Powder on the top section and CS Golden Mint Pixie Powder on the bottom section. I then spread it out using my fingers. I will be honest with you, the Midnight Blue really does stain your finger. I did try doing this with a rubber glove on but it really doesn't spread smoothly so dirty fingers it is for this technique.

I scrunched up a piece of White Tissue Paper, opened it out and popped it on top of my background. I put aside to dry - aprrox half an hour.

Once dry, I dusted the other side of the acetate with an Anti-Static Bag. I stamped the Woodware Cosmos Flowers image using Clear Perfect Medium and added CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I stamped the sentiment from the Woodware Brightening Your Day Stamp Set, again using Clear Perfect Medium. I added Black Detail Powder and heat set the lot.

I used a Quickie Glue Pen to 'colour' in the centre of the flowers. The glue goes on blue. I left the glue to go clear and then added CS Sparkle Star Diamond Frost. I then 'coloured' in the petals of the flowers with the Quickie Glue Pen. Once the glue was clear, I added CS Ice Blue Polished Silk Glitter. For the leaves, I used Hunter Green Gloss Gelly Roll Pen.

I made a frame out of Coconut White and Black Card using Sue Wilson's Scalloped Lattice Frames Set B. I added it to my design using 3D Foam Tape and trimmed away the excess. I added a Coconut White Card mat and my card was complete.

Here's your second card -

There's some brand new masks on the shows and this card features one of them plus one of the Woodware sentiment stamps.

I started with my background. I popped the new Prism Effect Mask onto a piece of Coconut White Card. I sprinkled some Plum Twist and Mango Blaze CS Pixie Powders over. Leaving the mask in place, I misted with water to wake the powders up. I placed another piece of Coconut White Card over the top to get a negative print. I then removed the mask and put both pieces aside to dry.

I stamped the sentiment from the Woodware Brightening Your Day Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card and embossed using CS True White Detail Embossing Powder. I misted with water and then sprinked Mango Blaze and Plum Twist Pixie Powders over. I spread the powders over the area using a Brush. Once dry, I cut out using dies #3 and #4 from Sue's Fiji Die Set. I cut dies #5 and #6 out of Coconut White Card.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Double Pierced Squares and Double Pierced Squares Set B. I added it to my background using 3D Foam Tape and trimmed away the excess. I added a Coconut White Card mat.

I made some flowers out of my negative background using Sue's Orange Blossom Complete Petals. I added stamens cut from Coconut White Card using the same die set and added a 5mm White Pearl to the centre.

I added a pair of leaves cut from Coconut White Card using Sue's Lace Edged Leaves to each flower.

I'm offering 10% discount on items I have on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday 17th March is ..........................

Hazel Young

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (20th March) - MDF Lucky Horseshoes - Pack of 2 only £1.50!

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, two beautiful cards today love the colours of the first one but both equally beautiful. Congratulations Hazel enjoy your beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A great show last night Thank you.
    Two lovely cards today.
    The tv is set to record.
    congratulations to Hazel.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Julia
    Great show last night. Loved all your hints and tips. This flower card is beautiful.
    Thanks Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, great show, brilliant demo's. Love the cards today, the backgrounds are superb, and love the glittered flowers on the first one. Hope you have a good day on the shows. Well done Hazel. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia the cards today are both gorgeous. I really should use acetate more. Your show was brilliant and I am looking forward to your shows today. Have a safe journey home. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great show yesterday evening, Julia and two beautiful cards today. Recorder set so I can watch later on.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two brilliant cards.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards I am always interested to see different ways of using Pixie Powders I have the technology I just don't seem to have the time to play
    Hope the rest of your shows go well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely but very different cards today. Thank you Julia and congratulations to hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Great show last night.
    Love all of the cards that you showed, love what you have done with pixie powders on acetate.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just watching the first show and loved the first demo. Two great cards today.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    Two fabulous cards, I enjoyed reading how you made them. Will be recording your shows.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. Great show last night. Having to record todays but really looking forward to watching. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Julia, and you didnt let us down the show last night was brilliant love all the stamps youve picked and the fabulous masks. Two stunning cards today they really are gorgeous both of them. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! loving both two-fers but number 1 hits the spot for me soo vibrant and lush
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning backing techniques Julia, you are definitely the one for these amazing ideas....thank you so much, two beautiful beautiful cards today, have recorded your shows, off to watch last nights one now....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Julia. Enjoying the shows very much, but have restrained myself so far as I got the last one day special and am still experimenting with them. Love the little owls the best. Two lovely cards above. Are you at Doncaster race course?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Julia, brilliant show last night and recorder has been set for all of todays shows. Love all your techniques and todays cards are fab.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia,
    Thoroughly enjoyed last night's Show and will watch today's later when I have more time. I can then concentrate properly! Love today's card - Sentiment is great!
    Loved seeing you paint with the glue and Pixie Powders! Great idea and so effective!
    Many thanks. Have a great day and safe travel home!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Afternoon Julia, 2 lovely cards today, the 2nd would be my preference. but both are really nice.

    Congratulations to winner.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic cards julia x brilliant techniques x
    Congratulations hazel x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia , sorry for the late reply but had no net to day, been loving the shows and am I enjoying all your demos and samples. The two cards to day are stunning , so glad that creative expressions have taken on Woodware and your showing the stamps of beautifully.....Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia two gorgeous cards I love the bright colours in the first card absolutely brilliant technique saw this one on your shows but didn't manage to watch them all will have to watch the two I missed on catch up as my TV will not record the Hochanda channel it comes up as Russia Today!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two beautiful cards today Julia. Saw you make the first one on your 9am show. Haven't been able to watch the others yet as have been out all day. Will watch tomorrow now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Julia these are two beautiful cards, love them both.
    Those backgrounds are gorgeous too, i adore those colours in the second one.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!