Sunday 26 March 2017

Many Happy Returns

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the weave, I started by cutting Sue Wilson's Striped Weaving Die out of Sky Blue Card twice and out of Lilac Card twice. With CS Glue just at the ends of the strips, I added the Sky Blue die cut to the Lilac Die Cut, offsetting to fill in the gaps. I cut one of the pieces into sections that were 4 strips wide - 1 Lilac, 2 Sky Blue and 1 Lilac. I wove these in and out of the other die cut.

I made a frame out of Sky Blue and Lilac Card using Sue's Ornate Pierced Rectangles. I added it to my woven background using 3D Foam Tape and trimmed away the excess. I cut the largest die in the set out of Lilac Card. I added mats of Sky Blue and Lilac Card and some Small Circle Dazzlers.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill Martin's Butterfly Elegance Sentiments onto Sky Blue Card using Blue Violet Archival. I cut it out using Sue Wilson's Belgian Tags. I cut the corresponding outside die only out of Lilac Card.

I cut Sue's Star Flower Cluster out of Sky Blue and Lilac Card and added some Craft Consortium Small Rhinetones to the centre of the flowers.

Lisa Horton is continuing with her One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% off items I have in stock on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (26th March) - Phill Martin Sentimentally Yours - Bracket 'Occasions' Sentiments only £7.99!

24 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, another fabulous weaving card and love the pastel colours.
    Happy Mothers Julia hope you have a great one and get spoiled.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Happy Mothers Day!
    A beautiful card.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Love the woven background to this card, very pretty.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia. Many Happy Returns of the weaving, lovely. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the weaving.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, really like the woven background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, love the weaving dies, but don't think I have the patience to do it.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, like the weaving as always. My ipad is not showing the baby blue colour to its best best what I can see looks beautiful.

    Teress

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty card today, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning and Happy Mothers Day Julia. Todays card is beautiful and the Sky Blue and Lilac card look good together.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Julia, Happy Mothers Day to you and your Mum, I hope you have a wonderful day with her. That card is just stunning I love the colour youve chosen to use to. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, a lovely card with one of your gorgeous woven backgrounds. Love the pink. Happy Mothering Sunday to all. Have a lovely day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love those weaving dies. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so very very pretty Julia, love those candy colours and of course my favourite, weaving...a beautiful beautiful card.....thank you..luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia

    Happy Mother's Day!

    Nice to see the weaving back and such pretty colours too

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The weaving dies make lovely cards and this card is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. Afternoon Julia, I so love all of your weaving die creations, and this is no exception, gorgeous.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia,
    A lovely card , I love your weaving card ideas! Cute little flowers and lovely colours as well
    Thank you,
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia... A WOW card to day.. You are the queen of weaving and I always enjoy looking at your creations with the cards you create . The effect you have created is stunning..... wendy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Julia, love the colours together. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, A lovely weaving card, beautiful weave you have created here, and very pretty colours.
    I hope you have had a good Mothering Sunday.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely card julia, not been able to access my E/mails for a couple of days so just off to catch up .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Evening Julia. Beautiful card. Love these weaving dies. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!