Sunday 19 March 2017

Woodware One Day Special on Hochanda this evening

Hi Bloggers.

I'm launching a One Day Special on Hochanda this evening at 8pm with the first selection from the brand new stamps from Woodware designed by Jane Gill and Francoise Read. Hope you can join me.

Here's today's card with something new that you can do with your Pixie Powders -

I started by dusting a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate with an Anti-Static Bag. I stamped the main image and the sentiment from the Woodware Mosaic Butterfly Round using Clear Perfect Medium. I added CS Black Detail Embossing Powder and heat set.

I turned the acetate over and worked on the back. I popped a little CS Clear Lacquer Varnish onto my Craft Sheet and mixed in a little CS Midnight Blue Pixie Powder using a Brush. I then coloured in sections of the image as shown - it seems to work better if you dab the colour on rather than brush it on in strokes. It takes a while to dry so when I demo this card, I'll do it across several shows. Once the blue was dry, I repeated the process with Mango Blaze, Plum Twist and Golden Mint Pixie Powders.

Once dry, I turned my image over to the front and I think you can see that the raised embossed edge makes it look like real stained glass. You can see the embossed card through it. If I had worked on the front, I may have coloured over the lines and so lost the lovely crisp finish.

I cut a frame out of Coconut White and Black Card using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares and Double Pierced Squares Set B. I added my frame to my image using 2mm 3D Foam Tape and trimmed away the excess acetate.

I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using the Creative Expressions Aztec Flowers Embossing Folder. I added my frame and image to my embossed background using 1mm 3D Foam Tape and trimmed away the excess. I popped this onto a Coconut White Card mat.

Quite a simple card but you do need to be patient whle the Lacquer dries!

I'm offering 10% discount on items I have on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout.

See you later!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (19th March) - Creative Expressions Stamps to Die For - Tulip Bouquet only £1.99!

31 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and lovely bright colours another thing to use your pixie powders with, I finally used them on a card the other week and really liked them.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A lovely bright and cheery card Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Julia. I like the look of this way to use the pixie powders very effective. Good luck with the show. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, this is a beautiful card today, reminds me of a stained glass window, the pixie powders really do come into their own on here.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia , a WOW card this morning. Love the effect you have created using the Pixie powders. Looking forward to watching you to night and tomorrow.... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I must try that technique it looks amazing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia
    Anther great card with Woodware stamps must watch tonight for to see all your techniques.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, Julia. Will have to give this a go. Looking forward to the shows.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia what a lovely colourful card. Thank you for sharing it. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia, such a beautiful card and really does look like stained glass. Can't wait to see you demo this.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    A gorgeous card, love the bright colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, what a gorgeous card, and a great technique, definitely one I will try. Have a great day, hope the launch show goes well. I can see these stamps being very popular. bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia
    A gorgeous card. Proper stained glass effect!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Julia, Im so excited and looking forward to your shows I love these woodware stamps youve been showing us over the last few days you always create such stunning cards. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Julia, fab colours.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to the shows. This card is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Julia

    This is a lovely design, it reminds me of stained glass. Looking forward to tonight's show

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a definite my kinda card Looks like I need to add acetate and CS lacquer to my wish list! Hope shows go well

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    Pretty Card. I really like this stamp and the way you have used it, the colours are lovely too. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the inspiration. Good luck for tonights show

    ReplyDelete
  22. This might take more time but the end product is worth it. Another useful tip, thanks.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this card Julia. Thanks for the tips. Must find my black embossing powder. Thank you for sharing. Will be watching at 8pm.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card julia x it too reminds me of stained glass x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Julia you absolutely amaze me at how many different techniques you show us, this one is just so so beautiful. I have done a similar thing using mica powders mixed with glue as a paint, a very similar effect, so must give this one a try. I love that stained glass effect, must catch this on the telly tonight....A really beautiful striking card, thank you so much...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just tuned in to your show. Really looking forward to seeing you create - designs are lovely.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia Beautiful card I love the bright colours another amazing technique for us to try

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Julia,
    Beautiful card today which I've seen you start on Hochanda! Great new use of Pixie Powders! Great show and some lovely examples.
    Loved yesterday's card too. I didn't comment as I had a busy day.
    Sorry!
    Looking forward to tomorrow's Shows.
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julia, Loved all your shows on Hochanda. Just wish I had seen your offer for free card as I placed a massive order. Never mind will learn to look more closely at your posts instead of just looking at your wonderful samples.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!