Thursday 23 March 2017

The extra mile

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

Unfortunately, I didn't get to show you how to make this background during the Woodware One Day Special Shows this week. It was all ready to go as my first demo at 4pm and then at 7pm but, you know the story - no show. So, I'll try and explain it here.

I started by dusting a piece of Coconut White Card with an Anti-Static Bag. I stamped one of the images from the Woodware Ferns Stamp Set several times down each side using Clear Perfect Medium, added CS True White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I then inked over the piece using Baked Peach and Warm Cocoa CS Colour Clouds using Smoothies. I left the ink to settle for a few minutes and then popped the Prism Effect Mask over the top and inked through with Decadent Oak Colour Cloud. I removed any excess ink from the embossed leaves using Kitchen Roll, matted my background onto Black Card and then onto a Coconut White Card.
I stamped the sentiment from the Woodware Brightening Your Day Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS True White Detail Powder. I inked all over Baked Peach and Warm Cocoa Colour Clouds. I cut it out using dies #3 and #4 from Sue Wilson's Cape Verde Die Set. I cut die #4 from the set out of Black Card and glued the 2 die cuts together. I inked another piece of Coconut White Card with Baked Peach and Warm Cocoa. I cut dies #5 and #6 from the same set out of my coloured card. I cut die #6 out of Black Card and glued these last 2 die cuts together.

I cut a pair of leaves out of Coconut White Card using Sue's Orange Blossom Leaves. I made a flower out of Black Card and my coloured card using Sue's Striped Nastutium Die Set. I added an 8mm White Pearl to the centre.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (23rd March) - Creative Expressions Summer Meadow Clear Stamp Set only £7.99!

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely card and the sentiment back to you.
    Take care kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    I think this sentiment was designed just for you.Lovely card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and a very apt sentiment for yourself.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Julia, a stunning card, beautiful colours and a great sentiment. Long may the inspiration you go to lengths to give us, continue. Take care everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, a beautiful card today, thank you for listing how this was done, must add to my 'to do' list. the sentiment is just right for you.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card Julia. The sentiment could be made just for you.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. It is such a shame you didn't get to demonstrate it. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card, gorgeous colours.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another lovely card. Such a shame we didn't get to see you demo it.

    Teress

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Julia
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. Shame you didn't get to show everyone this lovely card. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Julia , A WOW card this morning. Love the effect you have created to make the back ground, sorry we did not get to see you create it but thank you for sharing. The finishing touches and the sentiment are beautiful...
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    A lovely card, such a pity you were not able to demo it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    an amazing card with beautiful colour...
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Julia, love the design of that card the colour is so striking. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card this morning, Julia. I am going to have to get the peach colour cloud!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card again, Julia. Thank you for all the inspiration you give us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Julia

    What gorgeous colours and design, a very pretty card

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice Julia - love yesterday's card too

    ReplyDelete
  20. This background is really stunning, you always put so much effort into it, making it that extra special, love your techniques...A really eye catching card, thank you Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely card,Julia. Like the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia,
    Another really effective card! Sorry we didn't see you make it but these things happen ,I guess! I like how you have used the fern stamps and your flower is gorgeous!
    Many thanks, Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Julia. Do love the Baked Peach and Warm Cocoa colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another beautiful card Julia. As has already been said its a shame we didn't get to see you making this. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!