Saturday 11 March 2017

Curly Sue

Hi Bloggers.

I thought I would share this card from the last Woodware One Day Special that I did as the Curly Sue Stamp is currently back in stock on my website. Good news to those of you waiting for some of the other stamps that were on that show - they are back in stock, have been ordered and should be here on Monday/Tuesday. I have already added the stock to my website and those of you who requested an email when back in stock should have been notified already. Please note that the email will say that the stamps are £4.99 - this is the ex-VAT price, they are £5.99 once the VAT is added. You can find the stamps I had on that show here.

I started by dusting a piece of Coconut White Card with an Anti-Static Bag. I stamped the Woodware Curly Sue Stamp using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS True White Detail Embossing Powder.

Using a Smoothie, I applied CS Colour Cloud in Chic Aubergine, Chic Magenta and Chic Pumpkin. I left it a couple of minutes to dry and then rubbed over with Kitchen Roll to remove the excess ink. I misted some water into my hands and clapped over the piece creating splats. I left for a minute or so and then blotted with Kitchen Roll. Using a Water Brush, I removed the colour from the leaves - simply paint with water and blot with Kitchen Roll. I added 8mm Dazzlers from the Pink and Purple Collections to the bubbles on the flowers.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Classic Adorned Rectangles. I added it to may image piece using 3D Foam Tape and trimmed away the excess. I matted onto another piece of Coconut White Card and then onto a plain paper from Phill Martin's Blossom 8 x 8 Paper Pad which co-ordinates with the Chic Magenta Colour Cloud I used. I popped onto a Coconut White Card blank and added 8mm White Pearls to the corners.

John Lockwood is continuing with a One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

Deal of the Day today (11th March) - Creative Expressions Stamps to Die For - Decorative Driftwood only £2.99!

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a very pretty card and lovely colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card so pretty, Thank you.
    We all need a bit of bling sometimes.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the colours and the stamps are beautiful. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Another gorgeous card.Thanks for sharing your ideas.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. I loved your Woodware shows.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the stamp & the bling on the card.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Julia. A WOW card to day, I loved this card on your show and I think the back ground created with the colour cloud is amazing and the white embossing. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely background technique. Pretty stamp too.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, beautiful card today

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty card, love the bling on the branch.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia loving the bling. Have a good day. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, a beautiful card, love the bright colours. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. I bought Curly Sue some years ago when it was fashionable to use them with Card Candi. It's lovely to see them used your way with the white embossing on that stunningly coloured background. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Julia, very pretty card, great stamp
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Julia, I love that card and I watched you create it, the colours are gorgeous my favourites to. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely colourful card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card, love the background and of course all the 'dazzlers'....super card Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia
    Loving this card and the flourish to the curly sue stamp .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia

    This is a gorgeous and colourful design. Ideal to brighten this miserable day in the north east. I love it

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, Yippeeeeeee !! my stamp is back in stock, I've ordered before it goes again. I adore the colours and the background on this card, I love the technique you have used, and the gorgeous stamp is framed with this pretty die-cut, I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia lovely card I remember seeing you demo this ion Hochanda I love the colours and the stamp

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the card and the colours. Thank you Julia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, loving all the bling on this card. Love the colour combination too....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. OOH WOW i love this Julia.
    that background is stunning against the lovely stamp.
    This is definately one of my favourites and i love the frame around it too.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!