Thursday 28 February 2013

Purple Demo Card

Hi Bloggers.

This card was a demo from last Saturday.

For the background, I used a piece of Milk Card and randomly stamped (with the stamp in my hand) the Hexagon Script Stamp using Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. I repeated the process with the Rose Background Stamp using Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I made sure it was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Passion Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern. You can't really see the embossed design but it does add some texture. I inked around the edges with Dusty Concord using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Elegant Ladies Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing powder. I coloured her in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Clover and Summer Haze from the Soft Velvet Set, Umber from the Autumn Shades Set and Cosmic Tone from the Skin Tones Set. I cut her out using the smallest of the Grand Decorative Ovals One Dies and inked through the die with Dusty Concord. I cut the second smallest Grand Decorative Circles One out of Blackcurrant Pearlescent card.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 25 and inked through the die with Dusty Concord.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Cream Silky Crush Ribbon and added a Lavender Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown adding a Pearl Swirl and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


21 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    Enjoyed watching you demo this thought it was smashing.
    The way you use the background stamps is great and i have them on my wish list, with colour change and sentiments to fit the mood i would never need to purchase backing papers again would be creating my own.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia what a stunning card love the purple colour it's my favour colour must get the stamps Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, beautiful card, love the colours, keep going back to the recorded shows for tips. Stamps are on the wish list, but not allowed to buy more till I tidy my craft room. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card love the colours .melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fab card, Julia! Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Julia. Loved your last shows, can't wait for the next ones.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Morning Julia,

    What a beautiful card. These are my favourite colours and dies. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, My favourite colours on your card today, loving the die-cuts and the ladies stamp, gorgeous background, as always.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia

    Really like this card and the colour

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia another wonderful card today and I love those colours, have to admit purple is one of my favourite colours.I hope to be able to watch your shows on Sunday love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and colour's Julia xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Such pretty shades in this stunning card.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Another great card with the lady stamps, love the colour choice.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia

    Love the colours on todays card, gorgeous

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia, Gorgeous card, saw you demo this and loved it, the bacckground and colours are fab. Looking forward to your Sunday shows.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, love this card, saw you demonstrate this, the colours are wonderful, looking forward to your shows! Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, yes I saw you demo this and thinking how gorgeous it was at the time, fabulous colours..looking forward to your shows on Sunday, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card Julia - pinks and purples are my colours - but all the cards from these stamps have been great

    ReplyDelete
  19. another stunning card,Julia.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julia,
    I love the purple... Fab card today. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    Love the card today, love the colour choise. NEED these stamps.

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!