Saturday 2 February 2013

Friends Make Every Day Special

Hi Bloggers.

Today I'm sharing a sample from the shows next Monday. I've chosen this one first as it uses some stamps that you would perhaps think of using just on cards for men and, indeed, that was why I chose them as I have the new Creative Expressions Cheers Stamp Set on the show. So, with this card, I want you to look at some of your other stamps that you use on male cards, use them with a feminine colour ink pad and see how they fit with your girly cards? There's a challenge!

Anyhow, here's the card with one of my favourite colour combos at the moment -

I was very good with this card as I used a demo pack I had prepped for a Pick of the Day some time ago and never got to use as we sold out early. It does mean that the background is a bit bigger than I would have liked but does mean that you can see more of it just to illustrate my point about the stamps.

OK, so back to it - for the background I first randomly stamped one of the flourishes from the Eco Green Crafts Embellishing Flourishes Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Dried Marigold Distress Ink. This stamp set is great because it comes all cut out and mounted so you're able to use it straight away. Also, the circles in the designs fit the Glass Glintz perfectly. Next, using the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped the
Plaid A6 Stamp using Tattered Rose Distress Ink. Then, again with the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped the Newsprint A6 Stamp using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. This looked lovely but I wanted some texture so I ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Butterfly Kisses M-Bossabilities Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern - it didn't match up exactly but you can't tell. I then went around the edges with Tattered Rose Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. What do you think? Works, eh?

I stamped the sentiment from the Classic Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out with Spellbinders Labels 28 and inked through the die with Dried Marigold. I cut a Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 out of peach card, a larger Labels 28 out of Coconut White Card and the largest Decorative Labels 8 out of peach card and inked through the die with Dried Marigold on all of them.

I made 2 flowers out of peach card using Spellbinders Spiral Blossom 4, I inked through the die with Dried Marigold on just 1 of them before rolling. I added some leaves which were in the demo pack I used - they were cut from Spellbinders Botanical Swirls & Accents and French Frills.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Cream Pearls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


25 comments:

  1. Good morning julis what a stunning card i love it. You have used my faverite colours. I like how you have used differant die sets it really works. Julia you are one talented lady. Take care xxx

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, gorgeous card.....my favourite colours...Looking forward to your shows on Monday. Have a good weekend. S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JULIA what a stunning card i love the peach theme i bet you can use an colour and it will look stunning thankyou for the idea you give us crafters take care tracy w xx

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hi Julia,

    Love this card. Very pretty dies. Look forward to your shows. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, I LOVE THIS CARD. The colours complement beautifully, and how you have layered up the two different labels, really works well. The background, 'Queen of Backgrounds', is absolutely gorgeous. I love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia,
    I really love the colors in this card and the design is fantastic... Great inspiration... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, I absolutely adore everything about this card. Just brilliant. Can't wait for Monday. Lol Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. This colour combination is really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, absolutely stunning, love this colour combo, looking forward to the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia this works so well, such gorgeous colours, can't wait for Monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card love the colours. Stunning.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, really looking forward to Monday, I get fed up seeing all the 'kit' shows on C&C. This card is another stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, another stunning card love the peach and white
    very spring like to cheer us up in this weather although the
    sun is out here in Scotland but frosty. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing, Julia - I love your backgrounds, you use so many features and they work so brilliantly together. I would not have thought of doing it because I imagine it would be too 'busy' but absolutely to the contrary! Fabulous
    TFS Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, what a charming card so soft and subtle in the colouring and a lovely sentiment. Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia, A gorgeous soft subtle card today, love the sentiment and the background is beautiful, you truly are the Queen of Backgrounds. I will think to use my stamps differently from now on, your inspiration is endless, thank you. Looking forward to the shows Monday.
    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Julia
    Wow you have hit the jackpot what a wonderful card absolutely stunning! The inspiraton you share is priceless and your instructions as always just great, thank you so much. Roll on Monday it will be great to see you again the recorder is set!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Julia, love that stamp set too not seen that one before. Looking forward to your shows next week x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia wow this card is stunning I love everything about it!. You're right in the fact I would never think of using the newsprint stamp on a girly card but it seems to work.looking forward to your shows on Monday love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia.
    I love that we can see more of your great background techniques on this card seems a shame to be always hiding so much of them! And I love the way you are not afraid of colour. Looking forward to the shows tomorrow.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julia ,a fab card love the colours and your backgrounds are great.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  22. Evening Julia
    Another beautiful card, loving the backgrounds and colour.
    Just a thanks for fast efficient delivery of goods ordered via your website arrived next day!
    Looking forward to your next show. Enjoy your weekend.
    Crafty Hugs jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Evening Julia
    Oh yes this does work - really pretty.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!