Tuesday 19 February 2013

Keep Calm & Drink Beer

Hi Bloggers.

One for the guys today.

For the background, I ran a piece of Tan Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Adagio Embossing Folder. I had to run it through a second time to extend the pattern (join hidden by the ribbon!). I inked around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I popped an Antique Copper Faux Screw Brad in each corner.

I stamped the main image from the Creative Expressions Cheers Stamp Set onto Milk Card using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks from the Garden Twist and Autumn Shades Sets. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 28 and inked through the die with Vintage Photo.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Decagons and inked through the die with Vintage Photo.

I wrapped a piece of Brown /Ivory Striped Grosgrain around my background. I popped a piece of Idea-ology Journeyman Tissue Tape onto my craft sheet and then stamped one of the beer glasses onto it several times using Jet Black Archival. I coloured it in using the Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks and then wrapped it around the centre of my ribbon.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Dark Bronze around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

19 comments:

  1. Morning julie another great card i do like these stamps that use have used on the last few cards. I cant wait till my stamps come. These make great mens cards. Xx

    Take care
    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, what a brilliant guy card, love the stamping on the tissue tape. My wish list is getting longer and longer. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia great card for the guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, super guy card..I do like these stamps a lot! It was great to meet you at Stitches yesterday and see your lovely cards on display! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia - i really like the stamping on the ribbon makes it blend in more. A super card for the guys.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Julia,
    This is so cute, the fun use of the ribbon, the little brass brads, and the sentiment for those beer drinkers in our lives. Thanks again for the amazing quick delivery of my Amazon order, you are truly magical. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh fantastic, Julia What a great idea for the ribbon, it is such fun! Great, great card! Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, This card is brilliant for fellas, and I love the stamping on the tissue tape and the brads look fantastic.
    Thank you for a really quick delivery of my order.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia. Great guy card. Love the way you've stamped the tissue tape.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete

  10. Hi Julia,

    Brilliant men's card. Great idea. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, another great card for the men. I love these stamps. My NEED list is getting longer and longer, love the tape you have used, the inks also.

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia

    Fabulous male card. That ribbon really lends itself to a mans card

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Great mans card love the way you have used the ribbon.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Julia, be great for fathers day xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia
    What a good card for the men, excellent for Father's Day which can be a struggle to find something a little different!
    Hope you are enjoying the show.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia another great men's card and stamping the beer glass on the tissue tape really ties it all will have to get it next time you have it In stock as I missed out last week,had so many things going on that by the time I looked you had sold out!!! Hope you're having a good time at nec love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, another great card for the guys and a good idea stamping
    the ribbon. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia, Another great man's card and love the stamping on the ribbon, these stamps are on my wish list.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia such a different card for a man. Love the stamping on the ribbon. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!