Wednesday 29 April 2015

Be eccentric!

Hi Bloggers.

Well, some of you may have noticed the links appearing in the text in yesterday's and Monday's post as my website is now live and taking orders! There's only about 300 products on there at the moment. Last night I added Sue Wilson's new dies. They're in stock now - you can see them here. There are new dies in the Canadian, Portuguese, Nobles, Finishing Touches, Expressions and a new collection - Configurations. I don't have any of the new striplets or gemini dies - seem to have forgotten to order those!

Here's the link to the homepage - juliawattscrafts.co.uk You can also click on Shop in the top menu of this blog. Don't expect it to be as slick as alot of the sites out there - it's really early days yet and I'm just getting to grips with it! I am offering 10% discount during the launch period which expires midnight 4th May. Everyone who attends my Milton Keynes Workshops will receive a code to get a permanent 10% discount on my site - those who attended the March Workshop will receive their code via email next week. You can also book workshops at both Kettering and Milton Keynes via my website. At the moment, I'm just delivering to UK addresses. I will try and expand to European addresses soon. Postage is free on orders of £20 or over - it's £2 on orders under £20. Any problems, email me at admin@juliawattscrafts.co.uk

Back to today's card -

I started my running a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Wild Roses Embossing Folder. I then spread some Phill Martin CS Decadent Denim Sparkle Texture Paste over the deboss side, removing as much of the excess paste as possible. I put aside to dry - it doesn't take long as the paste isn't very thick when applied in this manner.

I cut a frame out of Cobalt Card using a couple of dies from the Spellbinders 6 x 6 Matting Basics B Die Set. Once the background was dry, I added the frame to it using 3D Foam, trimming off the excess. I cut a mat out of Coconut White Card using Spellbinders 6 x 6 Matting Basics A.

I stamped the sentiment from John Lockwood's Fern Frames Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Cobalt Archival. I cut it out using the smallest die in Spellbinders Floral Assortment Die Set and inked through the die using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and a Smoothie.

I cut the circular die from the Spellbinders Blooming Collection Die Set out of Cobalt Card.


I made a flower out of Coconut White Card using Spellbinders Flower Play Die Set (again! it's what people want to see me demo!), I added Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue and some CS Iced Snow Glitter Jewels. I tied a bow using Creative Expressions Off White Satin Ribbon. I tied another bow out of the thinner ribbon in the Bluebird Satin Ribbon Pack. I made a couple of decorative stick pins using Creative Expressions Stick Pin Elements and Glossy Accents.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Pearl Corners and piercing around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

40 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card thank you. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, wow you have been busy, will pop over and have a look at the new website. Love Sue's new dies, looking good. Now as to todays card well I adore cobalt blue and this card really sings it for me, love it.

    Have a great Wednesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia. Love the card. Congratulations on your new website, I'll be having a good look after work. Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, a beautiful card congratulations on your new website hope it does well for you.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, today's card is super, love the cobalt blue, and what a great sentiment. Good luck with the new website, am going to have a mosey around. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Julia. Just about to explore your website.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card-love that cobalt blue & I really like the sentiment. Will check out your website after work.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the deep blue. I will check your website when I get back from work. I hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card with great colours congrats on you new shop I will browse later xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card Julia, love the colours !
    Good luck with your website, on my way to check it out,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Julia, I love the blue colour.
    I have just had a browse in your shop, will probably go shopping at the weekend.
    Sorry I haven't posted on here for a while but I have been busy house improving
    Hugs Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card this morning, the cobalt blue is very striking. Congratulations on the new website x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia
    Love this card especially the colours you used.
    Ginnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Julia.....very royal colours anyone might think you were expecting a new royal arrival....!
    I'll check out your new blog.....just bought a carribean die from you, on ebay, a couple of days ago .... can't wait for the post...!
    Luv Rach :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't sold any Caribbean dies lateley - are you sure you got it from me?

      Delete
    2. Sorry got it wrong. ...it was the cornflower dies....the carribean background was another buyer.....I've overdosed on Sue's dies this week...!
      Luv Rach :)

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  15. Hi Julia, love the card , just had a look at the new web site and placed a little order.
    Nice to order from someone we feel is a friend ( hope it's ok to call you a friend)
    Best wishes for the web site. Lilian in Cornwall

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely striking card I managed to get some Cobalt Blue card at AP Awill definitely be taking a look at your shop

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, Congratulations on your new website, will be having a look later.
    Loving the card, gorgeous regal colours and those beautiful pearl corners look fabulous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia,
    Gorgeous card, love it all. The cobalt card is so striking, a must have. Good luck with the wed site.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Tina, A beauty of a card and the colour is very appropriate!? Isn't a new Royal expected soon in the UK? I will have a look at the new website and hope you're able to also send abroad soon ,as here in Spain it is ,as far as I know, not possible to buy Sue and John 's dies/stamps.Take Care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia. Lovely card and what a nice vibrant blue that it, very trendy at the moment in fashion too. Good luck with your new website. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your new venture. The card today is lovely the blue is brill thank you June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, a terrific card, love the colour and the flower so sparkly, I haven't seen this flower before as I have missed a few days due to ill health. I am just about to look through your new shop. Thank you X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, just joined your blog, yey! Love your crafting style, watch you quite a lot on telly.
    This card is lovely, at first I thought you'd used patterned paper till I read your notes. It reminds me of that very stylish french pattern you get on wallpaper & fabric. The colour and the sparkly flower are just gorgeous. Have a great day, blessings - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Julia love the colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  25. Checked out the shop today and placed an order. Could not find any Dry Wet Wipes for sale!!! Hope the shop works better for you than Amazon did.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Julia and all

    Beautiful Card. Great layout and lovely colour, it's dramatic in a subtle way if that makes any sense to you. I have or have on order most of the items you have used as they are lovely, what I haven't got I have good substitutes, so this is a definite copy for me. Thanks for sharing.

    I hope the website is a huge success for you, access is going to be so much easier for many from your blog. I wish you well.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the card Julia and the sentiment made me smile! The cobalt is a fab colour and really suits your gorgeous design. Hope the shop is a great success for you. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia
    Love the cobalt card today, thoroughly enjoy the paper grouting!
    Also love the website, a dream to use as I couldn't resist some of Sue's new dies 😊
    Best wishes
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oops that was meant to be a smiley face :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia

    Ok, first thing I did was bookmark your website! I was impressed with your service when you were on amazon so this will be one of the first places I look for supplies. Well done for getting it all up and running, must've been a heck of a lot of work.

    Onto the card. Its blue so I love it, the rose EF looks great with the glitter paste. I did buy a couple of pots but got caught up making the dog a new cover for his bed so haven't played yet. I love the sentiment too. I can't afford to put those lovely pearl detail on every card but wish I could, saving them for wedding, special birthdays etc.

    Hugs, going to do a little virtual window shopping, at least that's the intention!

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card Julia, love the cobalt blue! Congratulations on the launch of your new web-site, will be having a good look later. Crafty hugs to all, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia, bit later than I had hoped but eventually got to have a look at your new shop, and I love it. I like the way you have grouped your items and ease of payment it such a plus. Thank you and if you follow your normal pattern, my order will be posted very quickly. Cheers Ros

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia
    A lovely lovely card. I just love the dies you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia,
    I have fallen in love. No not you :-) I like you very much but it is this fabulous colour of card !
    Cobalt Blue and your card is lovely, tfs
    Good luck with the new web shop
    Take care Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card Julia as are all your cards. It never ceases to amaze me how you always come up with these beautiful creations. I wait eagerly every morning for the next. Wishing you all the best. Glenys.xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Julia , your cards amaze me every time I see a new one I think wow , and the colours you use are stunning especially the blue , you give me lots and lots of inspiration so I say a very big thank you , keep on crafting xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!