Thursday 21 February 2013

Too Much of a Good Thing

Hi Bloggers.

As promised, today I'm giving you a sneak peak from Saturday's shows. I've already told you about some of the products on the show in this post. I've made a few shaped cards for this show as I have the Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals and Circles on the show that I launched in a Pick of the Week last July. They are just gorgeous die sets and making a shaped card gives me the excuse to use the largest dies in the set.

Anyway, here's the card -

I'm going to start with the image for a change. I stamped the beautiful lady from the Creative Expressions Party Ladies Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured her in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks - I used Clover and Summer Haze from the Soft Velvet Set, Dark Spice from the Autumn Shades Set and Warm Delight from the Skin Tones Set. I cut her out using Spellbinders Labels 25 and inked through the die with Dusty Concord Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Card Creator Distressed Edges and inked through the die with Dusty Concord.

I cut the second largest of the Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals One. I left the card in the die after embossing. I inked up the Creative Expressions Hexagon Script A6 Stamp with Milled Lavender Distress Ink and stamped through the die on one side. You can't get right up to the edge but that doesn't matter. I inked up the stamp again and stamped the other half. You don't need to worry too much about lining it up as the image panel hides the join. I wiped any excess ink from the die and then inked around the edges with Dusty Concord using Cut n Dry Foam.

I cut the largest of the Grand Decorative Ovals One and inked through the die with Dusty Concord.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of White Silky Crush Ribbon and added a Lavender Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown.

Hope you like the sneak peak.

Don't miss out on pre-ordering your Creative Expressions Project Book Volume Two here - they are flying out!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


36 comments:

  1. Good morning everyone, am I first? The card is beautiful Julia, I'll watch the shows on Saturday. I wish I could afford the Grand dies - I'll have to save up as they are sorely tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, a stunning card, love everything about it . Can't wait for your shows . Lol Lynne M x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, a beautiful feminine card, will need to see if I can order those dies. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, such a lovely, elegant card.looking forward to your shows! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia what a stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia what a stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia what a stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia what a stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia
    What a truely amazing card, very sophisticated and elelgant. Love the Grand Ovals will have to play more with mine.
    Looking forward to the showa.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, lovely card! I can't see the distresses edges spellbinders effect it's not visible in my picture or am I being dumb?! There are so many exciting things on the horizon, I am already thinking how to fiddle my pennies!! Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, can't wait to see what you have for us on your tv shows on Saturday.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, can't wait to see what you have for us on your tv shows on Saturday.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning, Julia,
    I was so excited about ordering another project book that I almost forgot to return to leave a comment about this very sophisticated card. Fab fab fab.

    This is such a boost to,start my day. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia stunning card and love the sentiment too xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Julia and all well julia what a beautiful card i love it. I got these dies last year but never used them but now ive seen this card its time to get them out. Looking forward to the shows on saturdays shows. Take Care Julia xx

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia. Oh what a beautiful card. So looking forward to Saturday.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Julia. Looking forward to your shows on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, a beautiful card I also have grand ovals
    but haven't used them much must get them out as I love them
    but they are so big I felt they limited you a bit have used
    the smaller ones some but not enough thanks for the inspiration.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card love it all. Must save some pennies for some grand dies.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning Julia

    Gorgeous card. I have the circles dies but didnt get the ovals, might have to alter that!

    I do have the plain and scalloped oval grand dies and I love the shaped cards

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card Julia, really must have those ovals, I have the circles and adore those, will be watching on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning Julia

    Lovely card today, really like the sentiment too

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia
    What a pretty card, very feminine and lacey with the dies you have used. Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete

  24. Hi Julia,

    Brilliant card. Absolutely love the stamp and the oval die. X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia what a lovely feminine card this is,the only problem is it has made me want the grand ovals!! Lol. I actually have these stamps already,I got them when Sheena had them on c&c and are probably one of my most used stamp sets so I'm looking forward to getting some more inspiration from you. Looking forward to Saturday love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, I love this card! Very pretty..:)..Looking forward to your shows on sat at 10 and 4..:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Morning Julia, A truly pretty, subtly coloured card, the beautiful lady is gorgeous and the grand die-cuts are lovely and lacy, I love this card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW love the card cant wait for saturday's shows
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Its great Julia, love the card and shall be watching on the TV, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Julia, This is a gorgeous card, so feminine and the lady is beautiful. Will be watching the shows Saturday.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are just some of the loveliest dies ever! They are on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  32. lovely card julie your cards get better and better.was hoping to see you at motor cycling show as you were advertized.hope you were not ill as you were not there

    ReplyDelete
  33. another nice card julie i have the dies but not the stamp.But have some nice female stamps that creations did a few years ago that will work and they always go down well with the gandaughters ect. Looking forward to watching you on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia
    Beautiful with a capital B. Looking forward to Saturday!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Julia.
    Beautiful card today.
    Looking forward to the shows.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!