Friday 1 February 2013

Thinking of You

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I placed the Fretwork Mask over a piece of Coconut White Card which was 5 3/4" square so the mask fitted exactly. I inked through the mask with Dusty Concord Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I then stamped around the edges using the lovely scroll stamp from the Creative Expressions Artsy Floral Stamp set using Dusty Concord.


I stamped the large image from the Artsy Floral Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Magenta Blaze Aurora Embossing Powder from the Brights Set. I tore around the edges and inked around them with Dusty Concord. I stamped 2 of the coordinating flowers from the Creative Expressions Whimsical Floral Stamp Set again using Perfect Medium and embossed with the Magenta Blaze Aurora Powder. I cut them out with scissors and then inked them with Dusty Concord. I placed them over the top of the flowers on the larger image using 3D foam pads.

I stamped the sentiment from the Artsy Floral Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Magenta Blaze Aurora. I cut it out using Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles and inked through the die with Dusty Concord.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

23 comments:

  1. Julia,
    This is an outstanding card. I love the color and stamping techniqyes. I'm just really starting to enjoy stamping but have no techniques, this is stunning thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, I love purple and white, and this card is just a beautiful example, thanks for all the ideas and inspiration. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia,
    Stunning - really liking the purple and white combo. A very pretty card.
    Thank you for yesturday it was great to catch up. Enjoy your day today i am sure you will be amazing.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia what a beautiful card i love the colour of this one. I would just like to thank you for all the inspiration that you bring us day after day. Im not a stamper but since ive been following your blog I've started having ago and im enjoying it. Take card Julia xx

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, love this card, the colours are stunning and love the fowers.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, I love this card, the colour is my favourite and I adore the stamping and heat embossing, the flowers are gorgeous and I love the torn mat too.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card layout and that background stamp is really useful. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this one is lovely, Julia. My favourite colour too! The background stamp is great - onto my wish list it goes!
    TFS Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia stunning card love the colours thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card Julia, the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card and beautiful colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia,
    Another brilliant card, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia , simply stunning card . Lol Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia love the colours and the large flower stamp is stunning xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Stunning card love it all, especially the colours.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, Like the concept of this card and the colour but sorry, not the flowers. I find them too dominant and heavy. Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia I really like this card and the colours are great, I think the background is a bit too busy though and maybe needs a smaller pattern but other than that its great.love the flowers and torn edges I've never been brave enough to do that yet! Will def be giving it.a go. Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia, A beaufiful card, my favourite colour, absolutely gorgeous. Love the background and the flowers. I am getting back to stamping and embossing, thanks to your inspiration. Thank you.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julia love the colours used in this card ,beautiful.Your backgrounds are fab really must try layering stamping embossing and stenciling together.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia stunning card ,and the colours are fantastic,looking forward to seeing you on Monday ,on C.C.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is a gorgeous card the colour is fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi Julia, a great card love dusty concord I think you done this
    on C&C or one similar with the cut out flowers they are fab.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia.
    I really like your card today. Lovely colours.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!