Monday 4 February 2013

You're Simply the Best

Hi Bloggers.

Glad you've liked the samples I've shared so far. Just to let you know that the Metal Effect Mask on yesterday's card is not actually on the shows today as I had to cut some products from the show.

Today I have shows on Create & Craft at 3pm (with Martyn) and 7pm (with Dawn). Hope you can join me. Please email in if you have time - it's lovely to see the Spotty Potty nice and full.

Here's today's card. I was planning for it to be a demo but the Small Polka Dots Mask and the Intrinsic Embossing Folder aren't on the show unfortunately.

For the background, I stamped all around the edges with one of the scroll stamps from the Eco Green Crafts Embellishing Flourishes Stamp Set onto some Milk Card using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. I made sure the ink was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Intrinsic Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern (the join is covered by the ribbon). I inked around the edges with Chipped Sapphire using Cut n Dry Foam. I wrapped some Blue/Ivory Grosgrain Ribbon around the centre.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Classic Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders labels 28 and inked through the die with Chipped Sapphire. I cut the next size up of the Labels 28 and again inked through the die with Chipped Sapphire. I cut the largest size of Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 out of Cobalt Card. At the emboss stage I added the Small Polka Dots Mask.

I made 2 flowers using Spellbinders Spiral Blossom 4 - 1 out of cobalt card and 1 out of Milk Card where I inked through the die with Chipped Sapphire before rolling. I added some spare bits of Pearl Swirls.

I assembled the card as shown adding a bow made from the Grosgrain Ribbon and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

See you at 3pm!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


28 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    A very pretty card really like those Eco green stamps - maybe i will have to investigate them further.
    Hope the shows go well i will have to record as will be working.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, love the card, hope the shows go well, bully Martyn into giving you more time for demos. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card Julia, shame we won't see you demo-ing it. It must be very frustrating when you work hard on all your demos, and they C&C tell you that you can't use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia well i'll try again to leave a comment as my first one went missing. So I'll start again. I really like this card julia as you have used my faverite dies. Its a really pretty card julia. I do like the ribbon that you have used but ive got some but. I cant make it look as good as your as mine looks really bulkey ive tried every differant way there is. Looking forward to the shows today ive set to record them as well. Good look for today. Take care

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Julia love the card going to try this one for my friends 50th birthday next week thanks tracy wx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia,
    What a grand card. I love the blues. Best to you see you at 3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia - LOVE the card! Happy Monday!
    Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Julia, but not keen on the ribbon.
    Will be recording your shows today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, This is a really lovely card, to me, it has a very 'regal' feel to it, loving the colours and the stamping is gorgeous. Will be watching your shows today.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, Another lovely card although the blue is a little too dark for my liking I might try it in a lighter shade but as always your cards are fantastic.
    Crafty hugs, jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia lovely card love blue. Really like the swirly background xx hazel

    ReplyDelete

  13. Morning Julia,

    Beautiful card. So many elements that go so well together. Look forward to your show. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    Great card love the colours you have used but not too keen on the ribbon,
    Hope your shows go well and they give you plenty of time to demonstrate.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia, A striking card and agree with Patricia it has a regal feel to it. The swirly background is so delicate and the flowers are gorgeous, love the colours.
    Will be watching the shows, good luck.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, a great card today I really like the
    blue but as Deb A said I never get this ribbon to
    look as good as yours. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,

    love this card, looking forward to your shows. Lol Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia another lovely card and I really like that shade of blue and I hope that sue manages to source some more colours of card soon as I don't live anywhere near a craft shop so I have to get mine off the Internet, and there have been many times where the card that arrives is a totally different shade to what I'm expecting!! Looking forward to your shows later love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card, love the colour and will be watching your shows as usual! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love blue and white together Julia, always looks fresh and clean
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Striking card love the colour! Keep Martyn in his place! Will tune in and hope to email.

    ReplyDelete
  22. liked your card that you did on the demo as well as this one. you are right about the lovely shade of victorian velvet - made the card extra special.
    loving your demos

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julie - brilliant show and just love your cards and thank you for your inspiration. I am just debating whether to purchase the ribbon you used, but I'm not sure I can get the same effect as you - is there a special way to make it? I all have to record the 7pm show. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really lovely blue colour on this one. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia
    Wonderful card absolutely beautiful I love it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    Love the colour of the card today. Good Job!
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, I watched the 7pm show earlier and really enjoyed it.
    Great cards and thanks for showcasing Beautiful Ideas x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!