Friday 8 February 2013

Birthday Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

Another feminine card today which was a demo in my first show on Monday.

For the background, I popped a piece of Milk Card inside the Couture Creations Pastorale Embossing Folder. The card was wider than the folder. I ran it through the Grand Calibur. I stamped one of the long thin flourishes from the Embellishing Flourishes Stamp Set along the top and bottom borders using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I then inked through the Doodles Daisies Mask with Victorian Velvet using Cut n Dry Foam in the centre section. I inked around the edges of the background by just scraping my foam with Victorian Velvet on it just on the edge of the card. I did the same on my mat pieces.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Classic Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 and inked through the die with Victorian Velvet.

I made 2 flowers using Spellbinders Spiral Blossom 4. I removed the die cuts from the die and inked along the edge before rolling. I added a 5mm Cream Pearl to the centre of each flower and a Pearl Swirl.


I tied a bow using Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon and added a Fancy Pearl Embellishment.
I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, a lovely card . Lol Lynne M x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morni g Julia what a great card i go like this die set you have used. I will be having ago at it. Take care Julia xx

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia,
    This card is so sweet, the flowers and ribbon just make it pop. Lovely job as always. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely card Julia. And the shows were great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia
    What a very pretty card so very subtle. The Eco green stamps are definately on my ever growing need list.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, I LOVE this card, it is so girlie and fresh and pretty. I remember you demo'ing this one, and so glad you have Blogged it. Love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was my favourite of your demos - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card, Julia! So pretty. Love Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, stunning card, really love the striped ribbon. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi julia this is another pretty and very feminine card which I liked when I seen you demoing it on monday. Looking forward to your next shows love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete

  11. Hi Julia,

    So pretty and feminine . X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, a really pretty card but for me the ribbon is too heavy and I would swop it for a soft pink - can't please everyone all the time etc etc...!! Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia

    One word "Stunning"

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, a very beautiful card great colour and background
    and I like this bow as I said before mine always looks so bulky
    when I use this ribbon but definately going to try this one.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, very girly!
    I also love your shows, I love the fact that you create everything including the background! It would be so easy just to Matt and layer like a lot of people do on their demo's but you show us how to do it from scratch and I find that very inspiring as you can always re-create your cards without worrying about having the right papers!
    Look forward to your next show,
    Sandra Riley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really lovely card again today. I think the stripey ribbon really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. another lovely card Julia xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so 'soft and gentle' with it's delicate colours. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia, Saw you demo this and happy to see it on your blog, your background inspiration is much appreciated. This card is so pretty and feminine, the colours are so subtle, love everything about it.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia, Saw you demo this and am happy to see it on your blog. This card is so pretty and feminine and the colours are subtle and soft. Love everything about it.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, this is a beautiful, feminine card card, love it! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful card Julia, very feminine and love the ribbon too :D

    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!