Sunday 24 February 2013

Fabulous Darling

Hi Bloggers.

Thanks for your emails to the studio yesterday and for your comments here on the blog. Always greatly appreciated. I think I may have got myself a bit mixed up and given the wrong sizes for the Couture Creations Embossing Folders - they're approximately 6 1/4" x 4 3/4", sorry if I misled anyone.

Another shaped card today - I do like these.

I've used Milk Card again for this card. I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Elegant Ladies Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured her in using Marigold, Scarlet Flame and Dark Spice from the Autumn Shades Set and Warm Delight from the Skin Tones Set. I cut her out using the smallest of the Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals One dies and inked through the die with Fired Brick Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 25 and inked through the die with Fired Brick. I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Cream Silky Crush Ribbon and added a Red Dazzler.

I cut the second largest Spellbinders Grand Decorative Circles One. At the emboss stage I added the Spellbinders Garden Lattice A4 M-Bossability Folder and then inked through the die with Fired Brick. I cut the largest Grand Decorative Circle and again inked through the die with Fired Brick - so pretty!

I assembled the card as shown.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.



26 comments:

  1. Julia,
    Your shows yesterday were a treat. I recorded the, to watch and fab is the word. Will you be carrying the three background stamps in your shop soon? These round and oval cards are so lovely. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The background stamps I used yesterday are all in stock - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=me%3DA2LXECQ7GSSKKU&field-keywords=a6

      Delete
  2. Hi Julia watched your shows yesterday what a treat I would like all the things on the show but my bank balance would not great demos the cards are stunning Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning shows would love to buy everything but after getting the 2 sets of blockbuster dies can`t do it .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia,
    Great shows yesterday the background stamps look very useful, will put them on my birthday list.
    Love the card today very chic.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. Wonderful shows yesterday and fantastic card today. Love the shape of the card.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, Brilliant shows yesterday, loved all your demo's. Your card today is beautiful, I so love the ladies stamps.
    Have a lovely day with Kathryn.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, shows were great, loved the cards and demos. Love this card, the shaped cards are fabulous. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia. Ifs I always had one of your shows to rush back to when I do a supermarket shop I would save a ton of money! I had so little time yesterday I bought only what was on my list and fled home. Normally I end up with twice as much as was on my shopping list and take twice as long in the supermarket. But I made it with seconds to spare and the shows were great, the demos fab and the stamps are soooo nice. The cards are gorgeous!!
    Have a happy Sunday Love Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Julia, loved the shows yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia, Great shows yesterday, loved the demos and all the stamps are fab. Today's card is beautiful, the shaped cards are gorgeous.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Julia. Loved the shows yesterday

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning julia,
    Fabulous is correct this is a fabulous card and those ladies are simply the best. The shows were great - but got so carried away crafting yesturday afternoon that had to watch the 4pm at 10pm. Will definately be getting my larger dies out and also adding to my shopping list for the stamps.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely card Julia was nice to see the stamping in real life as to speak yesterday think i might have to get these now xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Watched the shows yesterady, I try never to miss yours or Sues. Love the card, but the Grand dies are to expensive for me, which is a great shame.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,this is such a lovely design and a great image too.Still have your later shows to watch from yesterday,so look for to being inspired .Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia great shows yesterday and there was some great samples that you did including today's card,I might need to get the grand ovals now!! The new background stamps look good too especially the rose.look forward to your next shows whenever that might be love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete

  17. Hi Julia,

    Lovely elegant card. The dies together with the lady stamp make a beautiful image. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia

    Card is lovely and these are great dies

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia
    Great shows yesterday, and what a super card today.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, really love this card, love the colour combo. I have the Grand dies not used them yet, think I will have to play.

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. do love the grand dies,on my wish list as we speak
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this card Julia, wish I had the grand dies.Never mind!Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another great card Julia. Love the colours.
    Still haven't managed to watch the shows but looking forward to seeing the demo's

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card and the show was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Julia, after seeing your shows yesterday, this one is on my wish list! Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!