Monday 18 February 2013

When I count ....

Hi Bloggers.

Another lovely sentiment today - this time on a feminine card.

For the background, I used a piece of Milk Card and inked through the Doodle Daisies Mask using Tattered Rose Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. Next, I randomly stamped one of the swirls from the Eco Green Embellishing Flourishes Stamp Set using Dried Marigold Distress Ink. I made sure the ink was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Intrinsic Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern and inked around the edges with Dried Marigold.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Classic Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 and inked through the die with Dried Marigold. I cut a Spellbinders Labels 28 out of Pale Peach Card and pierced around the edges along the embossed line.

I made 2 flowers using Spellbinders Spiral Blossom 4 - 1 made from Pale Peach Card and 1 from Milk Card which I inked through the die with Dried Marigold before rolling. I added a Pearl Swirl instead of leaves.

I cut a solid butterfly out of Milk Card using Spellbinders Les Papillons and inked through the die with Dried Marigold. I cut a matching lacy butterfly out of Pale Peach Card using another die in the same set. I folded the wings upwards on the lacy one and glued it to the solid one at the body using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

25 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, what a great card i love the colours that you have used. Its so girlie and i really like the sentiment that you have used. Take care Julia. Xx

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia what a lovely card the colours are great thanks tracy w xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, pretty, pretty. Love the design, love the colour, love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, brilliant card, love the peach colour. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, a very girlie card , love it . Lol Lynne M x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning. Julia,
    This card is really pretty. I love the colors. Fab job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia - Love it such a girlie card - love the background and that peach tone.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, A gorgeous card, beautiful complimentary colours and background stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia. What a pretty girly card today.
    The sentiment is so lovely and the butterfly and flowers really add a certain something.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete

  11. Hi Julia,

    Absolutely beautiful. Love the words. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card love it all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia

    Lovely card today and that sentiment is beautiful

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, a stunning card love the background and
    the colour is great just love it. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Julia lovely sentiment and butterfly xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Julia, This is very much the type of card I like, so soft and feminine and such lovely colours. Regards Jjackie D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, love the colours of the card.So girly and beautiful,love cards like this one,amazing! Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Julia
    Oh what a beautiful card love everything about this one. As always great instructions so easy to follow. do hope you are enjoying the show.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia this is a lovely feminine card and the colours go so well together, even though I would never have thought of using them together!! Hope you're having a great time at the nec love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card julia - beautiful sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julie another one of your fantastic cards I just love the Colours.I am trying to learn stampingand embossing,but not having much luck.I have been using distressing ink from Tim Holts,but when I pour the embossing powder and heat it,,it does not emboss ,can you help please,what ink should I use???????
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  22. A truly lovely card, Julia! Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just my kind of card - luv it Gail Tx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is stunning! I love the sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!