Wednesday 6 February 2013

Three Cheers

Hi Bloggers.

As promised, this card is the brother to the one I posted yesterday the reason being that I used the die cut from the aperture in yesterday's card. Couldn't bear to waste it.

Actually, for this card, I found that I had a piece of Milk Card that I had cut the same Decorative Labels 8 die out of. It was just the right size. Lucky me! I popped the die back in the aperture in the Milk Card (so I would keep the lovely debossed edge) and popped it through the Grand Calibur with the Stone Mask using the embossing sandwich (making sure that the cutting edge of the die was going down into my tan mat and my mask was on top). I inked around the edges with Black Soot.

I also popped the die cut back into the die and inked through the die with Black Soot. To see how the die cut pattern was created, please see yesterday's post. I stamped the beer glass from the Creative Expressions Cheers Stamp Set 3 times using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured them in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Sea View from the Garden Twist Set for the froth and the glass, Marigold and Umber from the Autumn Shades Set for the beer. I cut the images out with scissors and went around the edges with a black marker pen to hide any white bits.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 28 and inked through the die with Black Soot.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

22 comments:

  1. Waste not, want not Julia, it would have been criminal to throw that card away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia I like how you have used the waist of card from yesterdays card. I m so glad you are giving us some mens cards as always struggle when it comes to mens. Take care Julia xxxx

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia - very frugle to use the waste but who would not want to, it is so pretty had to be used.
    Really liking these mens cards they are such a difficult species to make for.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, as you say, can't bear to waste, my stock of extra die cuts is growing. Love the card. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia great card yes i can not bear waste card left over too thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, A beautiful card, the colours are gorgeous and the background is fantastic.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, great card and you are so right about using stuff, I'm sure I could make loads of cards from my bits if I put my mind to it! Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great man card Julia. Loved the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia another great men's card and even better when you think that you're using the left overs from another card!! Already looking forward to your next shows.love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Another great mans card love it all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Julia and a great use of the waste from the day before. Love the sentiment and the topper is very apt. xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, as has been said before a great way to use the leftover from the previous card. Love it . Thanx for sharing. Lol Lynne M x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, great card watched you do the card that this
    waste??? came from like everyone else I have all the bits I
    cut out, watched you with Dawn after reading all the comments
    yesterday as someone said it was time someone told her all the shows
    are not all about her I find her quite condesending at times as
    if no one has crafted on C&C till she came on. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Julia
    A girl after my own heart waste not want not! What a super card yet again and as always really easy to follow instructions, thank you.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

  15. Hi Julia,
    Brilliant men's card. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia

    This is brilliant, I often use the bit that I have cut out they are too nice not too. I even made a card with the wax paper the other day and it looked lovely, trouble is I am running out of space to store all the cut outs lol

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julia, Great male card and love the sentiment.It is good to waste not want not, my collection of cut outs is massive.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very clever Julia!! Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia....Another lovely man card...I really do NEED these stamps.....Thanks again for your inspiration we all really appreciate it...

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving these mens cards Julia.
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    A great card. And very clever use of the background you created for yesterdays card - 2 for 1! Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Julia,
    Lovely card. You are amazing..

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!