Tuesday 5 February 2013

Beer is Proof

Hi Bloggers.

Thank you so much for your emails and comments here on the blog. I'm glad you enjoy the shows and the samples that I share here on my blog. Your support is much appreciated.

This was my first demo yesterday -

For the background, I inked through the Stone Mask onto some Khaki Card using Pumice Stone Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. Then, with the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped the Newsprint Stamp using Black Soot Distress Ink. Then using the same method, I stamped the Bubbles Stamp using Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I made sure that all the ink was dry and then I placed the second largest of the Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 where I wanted it and ran it through the Grand Calibur to create an aperture. I edged around the edges of the background with Black Soot using Cut n Dry Foam.

I placed the background onto a mat of black card and roughly marked where the aperture was on the black card. I dusted the black card with my anti static bag and stamped the Bubbles stamp onto the black card using Perfect Medium. I added Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I added the background to black card using 3d foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Cheers Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 28 and inked through the die with Black Soot.

I stamped a beer glass from the same stamp set, again using Jet Black Archival and clear powder. I coloured it in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Sea View from the Garden Twist Set for the froth and the glass, Marigold and Umber from the Autumn Shades Set for the beer. I cut the image out with scissors and went around the edges with a black marker pen to hide any white bits. (sorry the photo is a bit blurred!)

 I added an Idea-ology Custom Fastener and a couple of Idea-ology Mini Gears.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

I'm sorry that the Mini Gears and the Custom Fasteners that I used in the card were not on the shows - they were removed from it without us knowing. Unfortunately, I have none in stock. If you wish to purchase the Mini Gears you can see a list of stockists here. If you wish to purchase the Custom Fasteners you can see a list of stockists here.

I'll post the brother to this card tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


26 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia,
    Your shows yesterday were great and I laughed out loud when you told Dawn to shhh. You go girl. The cards you howled were amazing like you. You are awesome. Thanks for sharing your extra special talents. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia i love this card it makes a stunning mans card. I agree with Debby about telling Dawn to shh. I even liked it when you told marting to shut up a few weeks ago. But back to todays card I like the stamp set that you have used i will have to save pennys to get them. Take care Julia xxxxx

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    A very stunning mans card. By the sounds of it i missed a great show (bother work) will have to watch the repeats, but sometimes the presenters need to be shh'ed.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, great shows, loved the demos, this card is brilliant. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia Watched the later show but work so miss the earlier but loved the cards, really good show! TFS Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, your shows are recorded....may just get chance to watch them today! Brilliant man's card, love it. They can be so difficult to make, but I know of at least a few men who would love this!!!! S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, Brilliant shows yesterday, watched the first and recorded both, will be watching the second today.
    I love this card, I think the random stamping on the background is fabulous and this card is fantastic for a male.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, saw this card demo'ed yesterday and loved it. The bubble background on the aperture is very subtle but very effective I will have to pinch this idea. Lol Lynne M x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia. This is a brilliant man's card. Haven't seen last night's show yet, but I wish more people would tell Dawn to shh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caught up on both shows now and once again, great demo's. I have a tip (for those that don't know) If you don't have non stick scissors, rub your blades with versamark ink and it helps to stop them sticking when cutting through sticky stuff

    ReplyDelete

  11. Hi Julia,

    Enjoyed watching your shows and demos. Great card. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Great mans card love the background. Only managed to watch the first show.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Watched the first show Julia, and recorded the second one so I can watch that this morning. I rarely miss any of yours or Sues shows, as I love the cards you both make.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Julia enjoyed your shows xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really enjoyed the shows Julia & I was shouting at the screen for Dawn to zip it but I was not as polite as you saying shush! She needed to realise that we had tuned in to watch you,not her. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, a great card loving all the guys cards you have
    been sharing, you give us loads of inspiration.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Julia
    The shows were just wonderful yesterday well done again. I do wish they would realise at C & C they would sell more products if poeple could see the demos, Dawn and some of the others need to realise people don't want to watch them and listen to them going on and on. I am not the least bit interested in her need for holidays, how you remained your usual happy self I just don't know, you deserve a medal! Good for you telling her to shush.
    Todays card is wonderful just like you.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia

    I love this card, I did watched the first show but have recorded them both to watch again.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia ... Love this card, I really do neeeeeed these stamps. I did not get to watch the show's. thanks again for all your inspiration.
    Thanks for the tip Cazz, will give that a try..x

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia I really like this card and the background is great as usual!! I tried your shop for this stamp set but was out of luck I would appreciate it if you could let us know when you have some back in stock please. Also well done on telling Dawn to shush as I thought she was being very rude to you and you done really well to keep a smile on your face!! Look forward to your next shows love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia, Watched the first show, you were brilliant and thanks for the tip re non stick scissors. This is a great male card, the bubble backround in the aperture is so simple but effective and I need to get all of those stamps. Your inspiration is truly amazing.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant shows yesterday Julia. I love this card and the background, as usual is very clever

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  23. loved the shows and demos yesterday. Particularly loved the girlie cards which have really inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. great card ,love it .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia, I love every thing about this card , and your demos,tips ,good houmour, on C.C. yerstday were fantastic,as usual, you handled Dawn very well I was shouting at the t.V.saying ,enough let Julia do her demo,. why does she keep calling you JULIE
    A very big thanks for mentioning Sue on both Shows and giving her credit for her many talents.
    Thank you again for all the inspiration
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!