Wednesday 13 February 2013

For You

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card.

For the background, I randomly stamped a heart using Barn Door Distress Ink and a funky flower using Aged Mahogany Distress Ink - both from the Creative Expressions Funky Floral Stamp Set. I then criss-crossed some Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White across it - remember to change the nozzle on the PVA to a Dries Clear Nozzle if trying this. I left it to dry overnight. Once dry, I ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Damask Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern and inked around the edges with Aged Mahogany using Cut n Dry Foam.

I put the two word stamps together on my block to form the sentiment and stamped with Perfect Medium. I embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Blue Raspberry Aurora Embossing Powder from the Pinks & Purples Set. I cut it out using Spellbinders Matting Basics B and inked through the die with Aged Mahogany. I mounted it onto some burgundy card cut with a new Spellbinders Locking Loops die.

I cut some more burgundy card using another of the Locking Loops dies and threaded some Cream Silky Crush Ribbon through it and wrapped the ends around my background.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Berry Red around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.



22 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, brilliant not too romantic valentine card. love the layout. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia love the colour you have used on the card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    What a wonderful use of the dies and i love the colour.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card, Julia, I've been motr adventurous with stamping with your encouragement on your last shows and it is just fabulous the effects one can get -so thank you!! Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia,
    A very interesting card today... Love that little dodah on the bow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia another lovely card suitable for valentines that's not too mushy and sentimental!! I must remember to use the aged mahogany more as its such a nice colour, I seem to use the same couple of colours even though I've got most of them!! Lol love Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia. What a lovely card. The background is perfect as usual.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, A really lovely card today with all emphasis on the background and the new loop dies. Like Lesley above, I must confess that I tend to use mainly the same colourways for distressing and backgrounds, I will have to be more adventurous ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    A lovely understated card today great use of colour and the stamped background is just right. Love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, Oh dear I must be at odds with everyone else...sorry, this card just doesn't appeal to me at all and I can't really put my finger on why..I think it is the sentiment. Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  11. not too keen on this one - maybe not girlie enough! However, the colour combo is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the design Julia, though not quite sure about the colour, it seems too dark for me, and I'd probably change that to a lighter shade.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Hi Julia,
    Pretty card.. Not my style though, too bitty. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia

    Great card again. I love your backgrounds and I must give the stamping and embossing a try

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. simple style on this card ,nice .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia, A stylish card, love the colours and the background as always is beautiful.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia
    Such a beautiful card and lovely colours just great!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, a very pretty card and like colours too.
    Looking forward to seeing you soon on C&C.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia...Lovely card yet again...I love the background and the dies you have used.....I must have more play time with my backgrounds...Thanks for the inspiration...

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh such a gorgeous card and love that set of spellies too :D

    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely card Julia love the knot over the ribbon xx hazel

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!