Tuesday 26 February 2013

Fashion Fades

Hi Bloggers.

I think we could all do with a bit of sunshine - makes us feel happier I think. Today's card is full of sunshine in a lovely yellow.

For the background, I ran some Milk Card through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations One World Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern. I forgot that I wanted to use the Rose Background Stamp, so I did this after embossing with the stamp in my hand and with Mustard Seed Distress Ink. I then inked around the edges with Mustard Seed using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Elegant Ladies Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured her in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Sunflower from the Summer Fayre Set, Umber and Dark Spice from the Autumn Shades Set and Warm Delight from the Skin Tones Set. I cut her out using the smallest of the Grand Decorative Circles One dies and inked through the die with Mustard Seed. I cut a mat out using the next size of the Grand Decorative Circles One and again inked through the die with Mustard Seed.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 25 and inked through the die with Mustard Seed.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Cream Silky Crush Ribbon, added a Fancy Pearl Embellishment and a couple of Decorative Stick Pins.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Golden Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


28 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia well i agree with you on this card brining us some sun shine. I would love to recieve a card like this asim sure it would brighten up anyones day. I love these dies as they make some great shaped cards. Take care Julia xxx

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card so spring like will surley brighten the day .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia beautiful card I agree a little sunshine is what we need love the stamps you have done Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia,
    Thanks for the sunshine, it does warm the heart. Lovely card...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, lovely bright card, and you are right it brings sunshine to our days. love your latest postings, they are simply beautiful. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this is a lovely sunny card. Very cheering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, Yes I agree, "Bring me Sunshine" lovely card, and I love the colours, and the sentiment.

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia. Such a bright, sunny card today. Really love this collection of stamps.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice, spring colours to cheer us up on a cold day Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia yes this card definitely brings a bit of sunshine and warmth to the start of what looks like being a very dark and miserable day!! When are you back on our screens? Hope it's not too long. Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Details in the left-hand side bar of this blog.

      Delete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Great card and yes we do need some sunshine the winter seems to be going on forever.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete

  12. Hi Julia,

    Fab card. This stamp was a favourite years ago. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, A lovely start to the day, a little ray of sunshine in your beautiful card, loving these dies and the ladies stamps.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia

    A lovely, fresh and sweet card today. Really like this one

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Julia just what we need to liven up a dull cold wet day xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card certainly brightens up this dull and dreary day Julia. Love the sentiments in this set Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, as you say a lovely sunny card to cheer us all up on a col, miserable day! But the Spring is coming soon lol..Enjoy your day..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, a great sunny card today would work
    well for easter. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia, A pretty suuny card today to brighten upo a dull and dark morning. I love the elegant lady stamps and they are at the top of my must have list. Looking forward to Sunday's shows.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julia ,love the way you emboss the background and then stamp too.This is a great colour -the mustard seed .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sunny card to go with the sunny weather here in the Lake District today.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another great card Julia, yellow not my favourite colour but it certainly works on this card. Have started watching the shows at last, really enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia, beautiful card the yellow is bright and reminds you of sunshine! Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Evening Julia - Just what i needed a lovely sunny card to brighten my day - and you delivered.
    Please can you tell me how many sets there are of the Matt Inks please.
    Lovely card really fresh and clean.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it Julia, it made me smile on this dull morning! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, I wonder if you could answer a query for me please. I love the faux pearls you put on your card with the Cosmic Shimmer and so asked for some at Christmas. I got pink, blue, black, brown and silver grey, but I am not having a lot of luck with them. When I go to use them they seem very watery at the top and I have to squeeze loads out before I can use them (though the results are good enough). After leaving them for a while when I go back they are watery on the top again. I feel very tempted to give them a good shake first but have heard this causes air bubbles to form in the pearls. As they are all the same I am sure this is normal but I am just not sure if I am using them correctly. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

    I always love your shows but its when you are just using the stamps and making your own backgrounds I enjoy it the most. Loved what you did a few months ago with the skateboard kids, had to buy that set.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!