Saturday 23 February 2013

It's Your Day to Shine

Hi Bloggers.

I have shows on C&C today at 10am with Nigel and at 4pm with a new presenter. I hope you can tune in and perhaps send an email if you have time.

A mix of pink and blue today - my first demo (hopefully). Sorry the photo is a bit wonky. I'll be using a different sentiment and die in the demo - you'll have to tune in to see what I change it to!

For the background, I dusted a piece of Milk Card with an anti-static bag and with the stamp in my hand stamped the Hexagon Script Stamp using Perfect Medium. I sprinkled with Cosmic Shimmer Tropic Aqua Blaze Embossing Powder from the Brights Set and heat set. I did this a section at a time. I then filled in the empty spaces with the Art Collage Stamp using Milled Lavender Distress Ink. The Distress Ink remains wet where it lies on the Distress Ink so I blotted it with kitchen roll. I then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Exotic Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern and then edged with Milled Lavender using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Party Ladies Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured her in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Clover and Blue Lace from the Soft Velvet Set, Umber from the Autumn Shades Set and Warm Delight from the Skin Tones Set. I cut her out using the second largest of the Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals One and inked through the die with Milled Lavender.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Card Creator Distressed Edges and inked through the die with Milled Lavender.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Cream Silky Crush Ribbon and added a Frosted Blue Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown adding a Pearl Swirl and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Summer Blue around the edges.

Hope you can join me later.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.



31 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, a very pretty card , love the colours used . All the best for your shows today , will be tuning in to watch your demos x Lynne M x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia this card is very pretty I will try to watch you sometime today aim taping it as aim shopping for food thanks Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia another beautiful card i love the back ground that you have done. I think i will have to get these stamps. Looking forward to your shows today i will be watching I will try to email you but i never get read out. Take care and good luck for the shows xxx

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia,
    What a lovely card, glad to hear that you will be back on create and craft, I will record the shows for reference, I am out today. But look forward to seeing you do your magic.. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty caard Julia and I'm sure it will be your day to shine.

    Looking forward to the shows today. I'll try again to e-mail the show. They usually come back as not sent.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely card, Julia. Have to dash to do a shop and be back for 10 !! Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card, especially the Hex script stamp. Shame I can't get it from Amazon as I live in Ireland. C&C would charge £10 to deliver it here, so that's out too. Sigh. Will watch your shows, you always have good ideas I can 'borrow'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty girly car. Love the colours.
    Hope to watch your shows today but I have my granddaughter staying so who knows what will be on the tv.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia

    Ohhhh, really like this card

    I'm recording today's shows and looking forward to watching them later today

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card Julia, have set machine to record this morning and will be able to watch this afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, Gorgeous card today, I love those ladies stamps, they are stunning, I love anything vintage, so these ladies really appeal to me, loving your background, as always, and the colours used are so beautiful together.
    Will be recording your show this morning, and watch & record this afternoon. Have a good day, and get home quick to Kathryn.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Another stunning card very Chic and elegant - really liking these elegant ladies.
    Enjoy the shows today i will be tuning in - -keeping us in suspense about the sentiment.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, what a pretty girly card, looking forward to the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant card Julia. Just waiting for the first show now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely card will be watching xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia ,
    I will be tuned in, shame you're not on with Martyn though! Haha
    Love today's card, I love the fact that you make all of your own backgrounds!
    Hope you have a great day!
    Crafty hugs,
    Sandra Riley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, Another very pretty card, looking forward to today's shows Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card just watching you now with Nigel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia,watching you on C&C whilst blogging,your demo was great,this is such a pretty card and your samples are stunning,I have pressed record for the show later today,so will look forward to watching this too.(You have a wonderful job).Have a great day Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia, Great show, the samples are stunning, your demo was great, you are so talented. Beautiful card today love the colours and techniques. Those ladies are so elegant.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, a very pretty card have recorded your show
    and also the one due so I can watch in peace later.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoops! It's been so busy I missed your 1st show. Will tune in later.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia another lovely feminine card today I really like these ladies stamps and have used them loads as they are very versatile.hope you have a good time on your shows I have taped your earlier one and hope to watch your next show. Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another beautiful card Julia x Saw the morning show with Nigel and will be watching tonight x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the colours used on this card - stunning. I saw the demo this morning - fab as usual! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, just watching you with nigel, taped it! The card is very pretty, love the blue and pink together and the lady finishes it off. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card Julia
    I am recording the shows to watch later. Hope it all goes/went well

    ReplyDelete

  28. Hi Julia,

    Pretty card. Love the dies and image. X

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card Julia..really loved your shows today, fabulous demos, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just watching Saturdays show! Got to say you are brilliant doing these cards! They are gorgeous! Oh I finally remembered first part of your blog so put it in google n there you where! Lol I love the Grand dies but not got the dosh 'sob' keep up the good work Julie just love watching you. Take care now xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!