Monday 25 February 2013

Pretty in Purple

Hi Bloggers.

A really simple card today to show off the Couture Creations Passion Embossing Folder.

I used Milk Card again. I ran some through the Grand Calibur with the Passion Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and then inked around the edges with Dusty Concord Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Party Ladies Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured her in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I used Purple Lilac from the Summer Fayre Set, Umber and Dark Spice from the Autumn Shades Set and Warm Delight from the Skin Tones Set. I cut her out using the smallest of the Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals Dies and inked through the die with Dusty Concord.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with clear powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 25 and inked through the die with Dusty Concord.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Cream Silky Crush Ribbon and added a Lavender Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown. I inked the edges of the mats and added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.



25 comments:

  1. Hi Julia great card love the colours the stamp set look great must try to get my hands on these thanks Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia,
    These ladies are simply gorgeous very elegany and chic definatley on my want list.
    Really liking the drawing inks - can you tell me how many are in the collection as these are also a must have?
    HAve a great Monday
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia what a beautiful card i love the colour that you have used. These dies mske some beautiful cards. I ordered the stamp just waiting for them to come so i can get going. Take Care Julia xxx

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, great card, love that embossing folder, as Amanda says, these drawing inks are becoming a must have. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card I have some of the drawing inks I got them quite afew years ago but can`t remember which groups they where in .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, Another beautiful card, love, love, love these ladies stamps, and the colours are beautifully subtle.
    I hope you had a lovely day with Kathryn, yesterday.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, another beautiful card, love these stamps they have gone onto my NEED list, think I will have to add the drawing inks also..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi JUlia. Really love these stamps. This is such a pretty card and I think within my capability.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete

  9. Hi Julia,

    Lovely card. Lovely stamps. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is very elegant, Julia. I love Mae West's quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia,
    What a fab card, so chic...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, great colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do love these stamps Julia and your shows were fab at the weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia - that's what I feel about your cards - too much of a good thing IS wonderful!! Love all these Party Ladies cards and the dies are gorgeous. Have a good week Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia, An elegant card, very chic, love the colours and the sentiment.Think the stamps and drawing inks must go to the top of my need list.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Julia love the colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving these cards Julia, they are all great. The Spellbinders Grand Ovals are definitely going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, lovely card, very elegant and gorgeous colours...Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi julia another lovely and simple card and the embossing is greatm I am definitely getting the grand ovals this week!! Love lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, a really lovely card today and yesterday have started using
    my large dec. ovals more now since you brought them back must
    get the circles as well as love them too. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, such a lovely card, love the colours and the lady stamp, wish I could afford the Oval dies though! Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, love your cards and the lady stamp. Saw your shows and loved all your cards. You always make gorgeous cards. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!