Thursday 14 February 2013

Thinking of you

Hi Bloggers.

This card is really all about the background.

So, for the background, I randomly stamped one of the flowers from the Creative Expressions Artsy Floral Stamp Set using Aged Mahogany Distress Ink, a swirl from the same stamp set using Forest Moss Distress Ink and with the stamp in my hand, the large image from the set using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. I dried the ink but being distress ink, it wasn't quite dry enough when I inked through the Fretwork Mask with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. A little of the ink on the stamped images smudged a bit - I quite liked it. I moved the mask to extend the pattern.

I cut a Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangle out of Coconut White Card. At the emboss stage, I added the Fretwork Mask and then inked through the die with Pumice Stone. I added a 5mm White Pearl to each corner of the die cut. I stamped the sentiment from the Artsy Floral Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Silver Shine Metallic Embossing Powder from the Metallics & Darks Set. I cut it out using a smaller Resplendent Rectangle and inked through the die with Pumice Stone. I stamped a butterfly from the Creative Expressions Natures Wonders Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Silver Shine Metallic. I cut it out with scissor and then inked it with Aged Mahogany and Forest Moss.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of White Sheer Wrinkled Edge Ribbon. I pressed a Fancy Pearl Embellishment into a Perfect Medium Ink Pad and then covered with Silver Shine Metallic Embossing Powder. I tapped off the excess, heat set it and added it to the centre of my bow.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Silver Lustre around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

24 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia,

    I love how you make interesting backgrounds, when I try it I just get a mess, guess I need some more inspiration and practice, I have become better at using stamps and thank you for your ideas.

    Happy Valentine's Day.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi julia great card the background looks great thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    Well if you had not said that this post was all about the background i wouldnot have looked closely at it because it looks like a ready made paper - simply stunning. With these ideas that you are giving maybe less background papers will be bought and we will make our own. I will be giving this a go.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely an interesting background - no need for a stack of papers when you are around, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous background is stunning!
    Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, the background is absolutely fabulous, and the whole card design and layout is amazing. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, WOW that background is gorgeous and I love the design of the card. That butterfly is so sweet.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, This card is stunning, the background is magnificent, and the colours you have used go so well together, I LOVE IT.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card Julia. Love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish i could do backgrounds like you Julia. This one is amazing.

    Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh backgrounds again they are amazing.Beautiful colours.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia, Such a lot of ideas but the end result is worth it, lovely card. Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete

  13. Morning Julia,

    Stunning card. So very feminine.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, another lovely card and the background looks
    great love the colours you have used.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this card idea for anything you want it to be
    well done Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia .... Wow you have done it again, the background is gorgeous...the card is so lovely....

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia,
    This background is not for me its too busy, it distracts from the feature element but that's just me everybody else seems to love it. Good job we don't all like the same things.
    Sorry.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia I'm a bit torn on this card!! The background is amazing and looks like a bought one,but on this card I think there's a bit too much of it showing if you know what I mean!!. It's probably just me cos I don't use background papers much as I'm not very good at matching colours and patterns! Lol the rest of the card is lovely too especially the butterfly love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia
    I love the layout and design of the card but for me the background is too busy, it detracts from the rest of the card if you know what I mean, sorry. You can't please all of the people all of the time!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Julia love everything about it xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  21. I find that the background is absolutely outstanding. I love the colours and the technique is great.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia, Another stunner, the background is amazing and love the colours. I am trying to be a bit more adventurous stamping and using masks, thanks to your inspiration.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, this card is stunning,I love the colours and the stamps, would love these but money tight,the colours match together really well,love it,thanks for this one.Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia,
    great card again today. Keep up the good work. Happy Valentines to all!
    Thanks for the insporation.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!