Sunday 1 February 2015

Just For You

Hi Bloggers.

I'm at Phill Martin's shop, Honeypot Crafts in Nottingham, today for a demo day with the man himself. If you're in the area, please stop by. Not sure how much demoing there'll actually be but there is sure to be alot of giggling going on!

Today's card features some of Phill's lovely stamps and gorgeous Graceful Mustard Collection -

For the background, I ran a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Rambling Blossoms Embossing Folder and inked around the edges with Scattered Straw Distress Ink. I rubbed Graceful Mustard Gilding Wax over the embossed design. I left it to dry for a few minutes and then buffed it up using a dry wet wipe.

For the panels, I sprayed some Graceful Mustard Ink Spray Mist onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam to make myself an 'ink pad'. I then spayed a little more onto my Craft Sheet and mixed this with a little Graceful Mustard Mica Powder. I added this to my 'ink pad' and used it to stamp Phill's Leafy Background twice on to Coconut White Card. I cut 3 panels, inked around the edges with Scattered Straw and matted onto Primrose Card.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill's Baroque Sentiments Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Graceful Mustard Embossing Powder. I cut it out using one of Sue's Stockholm Dies from the Scandinavian Collection and inked through the die with Scattered Straw. I cut one of Sue's Oslo Dies (again from the Scandinavian Collection) out of Primrose Card.

I cut a couple of leaves out of Primrose Card using Sue's Petite Vinery Die Set. I popped some Graceful Mustard Twinkles onto my Craft Sheet, picked it up using a piece of Cut n Dry Foam and dabbed it over the leaves. I popped some Pearl Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paint onto my Craft Sheet, mixed in a little Graceful Mustard Mica Powder and used it to colour a piece of White Crochet Ribbon using a piece of Cut n Dry Foam. I cut the ribbon down the centre lengthways and made a flower.


I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls to the corners and some dots of Graceful Mustard PVA around the edges.

John Lockwood is on the Toolshed on Create & Craft today at 12noon with some great MDF storage. Hope you can tune in.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

24 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, another gorgeous card today, I envy you as you have so much talent.

    Have a great Sunday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, love this card, truly a delight to behold, the colours and stamping are just perfect to brighten a cold winters day. Travel safely and have a great time at Phills shop, yes I imagine there will be plenty of giggles. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Julia I am sure you will have a great day with Phil.
    I made a crochet ribbon yesterday and coloured it . I am very happy with the result xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia today's card is gorgeous. Enjoy your day with Phill I bet you have lots of fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia,
    A lovely card, I do like the mustard colour. Have a great day with Phil.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. Lovely card in a lovely colour. Sky+ all set to record John's shows and just getting sorted ready to go to Phill's shop. See you later. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love everything about it. Have fun later!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I could get to Nottingham it sounds like a brilliant day. Brilliant card Julia , so Spring like. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card julia very pretty have a great day with phill please give him my love xxxxxjune horrocks x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, love your card, so cheery, and Sue's Oslo sets the focal point off perfectly. I hope you enjoy your day at Phils place, much tea and laughter, wonderful. No snow today but still very blustery. Keep warm X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely warm, inviting colours Have fun today I wish I could drive and be able to get to some of these places

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    I'm loving the card, but I'm not very fond of the colour. Sorry. I know that people's tastes differ, so I'm just going with the flow. Love the idea of the card, and I think I might have these dies. Take care everyone in this very windy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Julia, everything is stunning. How I would love to be at that workshop today lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oo Just a ten minute drive away from me. Have a lovely day. Gorgeous card love the colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia and all

    Lovely card. Nice colour and classic styling. Have a great demo day. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Julia, good luck with the demo day.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, What could be better two great crafters together, oh how I would love to see you two together, huge amounts of talent, crafting tips and no doubt laughter! Have a great day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card & love the colours, so vibrant & fresh..
    Love everything about this card, stunning...
    Bet you had a great fun day with Phill at his shop in between the laughter & antics...

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia

    Pretty card and great use of stamps, EFs and dies. Athough I love mustard seed distress I'm fussy with what shades of yellow I like. This has gone a little way toward making me think about using yellow as a main colour- something I've never done before!

    Have a good day today with Phill

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, a beautiful card hope you enjoyed your day.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card Julia and I love this colour - it would work well on male cards too. I think the sentiment is lovely, easy to read but still striking. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, A very beautiful card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful card Julia, lovely colour!
    Hope you had a good day.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!