Saturday 20 May 2017

Saturday Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

I have a sneak peek for you today from Monday nights One Day Special featuring Sue Wilson's Stained Glass Window Collection (plus some extra lovely dies).

I started by cutting the Humming Bird Stained Glass Window out of Black Card. I used Quickie Glue to add the die cut to a piece of Acetate. I cut the die out again, added Quickie Glue to the front of the die cut and glued it to the other side of the Acetate in line with the die cut on the front. I find it easier to do this so that I can colour in all the areas at once without having to wait for them to dry. It also reduces contamination of colours.

I coloured in on the back - I popped a little CS Clear Lacquer Varnish onto my Craft Sheet and added just 1 drop of CS Intense Pigment Stain. I mixed it well using a Paint Brush and painted onto the Acetate. I used Emerald, Blue Violet, Rich Crimson and Sunflower Yellow Intense Pigment Stains. For the beak, I added a drop of Sunflower Yellow and a drop of Rich Crimson. For the purple background, I mixed Rich Crimson with Blue Violet.

Once dry, I matted onto Coconut White Card, then Black Card and then popped onto a Coconut White Card Blank.

Phill Martin is launching a new One Day Special on Hochanda this evening at 8pm with his new Carnival Colours in the Cosmic Shimmer range and also some of his new stencils! I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.

I had a lovely beady break. I will share my projects when I get chance - hopefully later in the week. I had some lovley Stained Glass Window cards waiting for me when I got home 😊 Thank you everyone!

I'll be back with another sneak tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (20th May) - D
esigns by John Lockwood A6 Background Stamp - Horticultural Definition only £4.99!


26 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    A beautiful vibrant creation. I am looking forward to seeing your demos with these dies.
    Glad you had a good break
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Julia the colours are very vibrant. I'm looking forward to the shows xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, lovely card today, I like these stained glass dies and the amazing creations that can be achieved.


    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you enjoyed your break I love these stained glass dies and I think my favourite is the humming bird but I'll probably change my mind tomorrow!
    I love the tip of sticking a die cut on the reverse of the acetate to help contain the colour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the bright colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Julia, looking forward to your shows and demonstrations, love these dies
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever idea to put a die cut on the back as well - will have to remember that. A beautiful card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Looking forward to seeing more of these dies in action.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia

    WOW this is a vibrant card today, stunning!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love the vibrancy of it.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Julia, a beautiful card, the colours are astounding, so gorgeous and vibrant. These dies would make great sun catchers done like this. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Julia. Look forward to the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Julia, WOW what a master piece of a card. I missed the launch of these dies so looking forward to your shows. the way you have created the colours is stunning.....Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Julia.
    take Care
    Elaine H x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia.

    Beautiful Card. I love the Stained Glass dies and your colour choice. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm glad you had a nice break and it will be lovely to see your makes.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do like this die and was persuaded by you know who at his Craftathon to buy it ("there's only 1 left, buy it quick"). Works every time!! He could sell a fridge to en Eskimo. Interested to see your take on it. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous look. I really like anything stain glass. Looking forward to seeing more ideas on your hochanda shows.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, just love those vibrant colours, stunning, looks so real...thanks Julia...look forward to seeing your beady bits...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, Gorgeous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia beautiful card such gorgeous colours I'm looking forward to your shows

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card julia x have already treated myself to these dies so really looking forward to your shows x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the stained glass die and the card you made of it Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow this is amazing.
    Those colours are so vibrant and so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia,
    Wow! Stunning card!These rich and vibrant colors have brought the hummingbird to life. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty.
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!