Sunday 7 May 2017

Sunday Sneak Peek

Hi Bloggers.

I had a lovely day with my ladies at my workshop yesterday. I'm heading up to Nottingham this morning to help Phill Martin run his Craftathon.

Here's today's sneak peek from Tuesday night's One Day Special -

For the background, I popped a little CS Marigold Metallic Lustre Paint and a little CS Chocolate Gold Metallic Lustre Paint in separate areas on my Craft Sheet. I placed the Being Square Mask onto a piece of Black Card. I picked some Marigold paint up onto a piece of Cut n Dry Foam and used it to 'ink' through the central area of the mask. I picked some Chocolate Gold paint up onto another piece of Cut n Dry Foam and 'inked' through the remainder of the mask. I matted onto Antique Gold Card and then onto Coconut White Card.

I stamped the Woodware Birthday Cake onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Fools Gold Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder. I cut it out using scissors leaving a little border around it. I popped some CS Phill Martin Old Gold Mister into a Water Brush and used it to colout in areas of the cake as shown. I coloured in the candles using CS Essentials Watercolour Palette. I popped onto my background using 3D Foam Pads (with extra depth in the centre).

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set, again using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Fools Gold BS EP. I cut out using Sue Wilson's Stitched Flags and added a Vintage Button.

I completed my card by adding a Small Black Circle Dazzler to each corner.

I think this card would be great for any age group and either sex.

 Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (7th May) - S
pellbinders Tammy Tutterow - Pinked Posies only £4.99!

26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a fabulous card as you say would do anybody really.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, lovely card today.

    Enjoy your day with Phill

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very clever background and as you say, suitable for anybody. A great one to have as a 'just in case' card. Enjoy our day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this card have a good day with phill
    June horrocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous background, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    As always I love your backgrounds. They make your cards so special.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia, great card and great stamp.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia. Love looking at your cards every day, they are always very different. Can't stop, got a Craftathon to go to. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the background and that stamp is amazing. Have a wonderful day today it sounds like fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    A great card. Enjoy your day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia
    A lovely card, would do for everybody and look great in different colourways.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Julia.. Stunning card this morning .Love the back ground you have created. Have fun to day at Phills, sounds like your very busy at the moment.... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia, So glad your workshops went well yesterday, good luck at Phill's Craftathon.
    I love this card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia, glad you had a good day at the workshop, hope you enjoy the Craftathon. This card is great, would be great for a guy birthday. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning Julia todays card is lovely I would never have thought of using ink mister in a water pen what a great idea. I love the background you always use such interesting techniques in creating your cards providing us with endless ideas Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Julia, have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant card Julia. As you say can be used for any age group, male, female or children. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very unusual. I like it. Interesting technique to use a mister in a waterbrush.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card, great idea....thank you Julia, have a wonderful day with Phil....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia

    Great card, I love the 'How Many Candles' sentiment

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card Great sentiment! I wish I could fussy cut as well as you

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab card julia x think it would be great for the guys x hope you had fun with phil today x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I like the stamp used and with the darker colouring it would make a great male card. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lots of uses for a birthday cake stamp.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  26. Julia this is another beautiful card, i love the stamp
    especially the how many candles sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!