Wednesday 24 May 2017

Birthday Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

Words cannot express how saddened I am by the horrific attack on the young people attending the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester on Monday evening. How an organisation can think that such an act will further their cause is just beyond me. I cannot imagine what the families of the victims of this senseless attack are going through right now. My thoughts are with them.

I hope you enjoyed the One Day Special Shows. I'll be trying to get as many website orders out today as I can. Please be patient - I may have to send some out tomorrow.

Here's today's card -

I started by cutting Sue Wilson's Lace Butterfly out of Antique Gold Card 8 times. I covered a piece of Coconut White Card with a pie of CE Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet. I peeled away the other backing sheet a little at a time, adding my butterflies - I had them so part of them were hanging off the edges. I added Rose Copper CS Polished Silk Glitter and then trimmed off the excess from the butterflies. I matted onto Antique Gold Pearl Card. I added more Self Adhesive Sheet to Coconut White Card. I removed the backing sheet and just added glitter around the edges. I matted onto another piece of Antique Gold Pearl Card.

I cut Sue's Birthday Wishes Die out of another piece of card covered with Adhesive Sheet. I peeled away the backing sheet and added Rose Copper Polished Silk Glitter. I added it to a die cut panel I had left over from another project (no idea which die set it's from, sorry. Any rectangular die would do the job).

I cut Sue's Lace Butterfly Die out of Coconut White Card twice. I pressed them into Clear Perfect Medium, added CS Pharoh Gold Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set. I shaped them a little and added them to my card as shown.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (24th May) - Creative Expressions Stamps to Die For : Camellia only £2.99!


21 comments:

  1. Morning Julia a lovely card, so enjoyed your shows. I reiterate everything you have said at this sad time.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-beautiful card, really gorgeous.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia this card is gorgeous the butterflies are so pretty. We live in very sad times. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Julia your show was sunshine at such a dark time. It's my home town Manchester and Salford
    Thank you love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    This card caught my eye during your shows, gorgeous.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Julia, really enjoyed your shows yesterday
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    I echo your words, so sad.
    Love the shows managed to watch most of them.
    Love todays card too.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Julia , beautiful card this morning. I watched your shows but going to watch them again to day with better head as Manchester is my town .
    ...Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely and calming is your card Julia.
    I am now going to try and catch up on your shows,
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a WOW card for me Julia

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card. Really enjoyed the shows yesterday, apart from the 9am I made a point of catching the live shows rather than relying on catch up - it is a rare thing for me to watch daytime tv and it was worth the effort.

    Have to echo your sentiments about the horrendous attack in Manchester.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Julia.

    Beautiful Card. Great dies and a lovely layout which really shows the Butterfly die well, lovely colour. I really enjoyed the shows and your delight when you mixed the lacquer, intense ink and PP, I can understand why it was gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  13. An absolute stunner, I made sure as soon as this die came out I got it and I just love it....all those butterflies, well what can I say, so so beautiful, defo one of those I will replicate, I love it... thank you Sue for all the wonderful ideas on your shows yesterday, you are defo the queen of backgrounds....I too feel very heartbroken at the tragedy of Monday night...my thoughts and prayers are with all those who have suffered, one way or the other.....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry for all of you in the UK due to the tragic deaths caused by a terrorist. My heart is broken for the families of those who died and are injured. When something like this happens, it is very hard to feel safe again and takes a toll on one's psyche. Please know there are prayers going out for all of you all across the planet. Please stay safe and be aware of your surroundings. Julia, your card design today is beautiful. I plan today to do the play back of your shows. Looking forward to watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia,
    We do live in a world where wicked people do despicable things! So sad!
    Then we look at your lovely card. It's beautiful Julia and I'm afraid I sort of ruled out that butterfly as I have so many but it is gorgeous isn't it! Love what you have done with it.
    Many thanks,
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julia your words have summed up perfectly the thoughts
    of many people today.
    This card is fab and i believe on very sad days we
    need to see something beautiful and this is definately beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia This card is beautiful thank you for your lovely shows yesterday it was so good to see something creative and inspiring on such an unbelievable tragic and sad day.
    Take care evreyone

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    Very pretty. I love the background that you’ve created. The lacy butterflies make this card so elegant and feminine. Thank you for sharing.

    I reiterate everything you have said at this sad time.
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card and my heart goes out to those families in Manchester

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia, a really beautiful card, love the colour of the glitter, I really must get some more colours. The shows were great, there were really stunning cards sent in when you had asked if anyone had any. Talented people responded. My prayers go out to everyone affected by the atrocity in Manchester. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    I agree wholeheartedly with your opening comment about the attack on innocent young people in Manchester.
    Your card is beautiful and elegant,love it.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!